*Chapter Twenty Seven*

I guide Pacifica to my room and sit her on the end of my bed. Her cheeks are wet and her eyes extremely red against her pale skin. "Are..." I try to figure out how to comfort her but end up asking if she wants a glass of water, which she replies to with a simple nod. I smile at her before walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, opening the cabinet and pulling out a glass. All of a sudden I hear a knock at the door.

I open it and am dreadfully surprised to see Brett. "What?" I ask my voice unintentionally harsh, "calm down there, I just came over to see if you're doing alright. I heard what happened..." He trails off, faking a look of concern. "I'm fine, but I won't be if you continue to irritate me" I scoff, impatiently waiting for him to leave. His face fills with an offended look but he quickly hides it. "Hey, it's ok to share your emotions with someone. Especially in a time like this" he says, pushing past me and walking in, suddenly my eyes widen the tiniest bit when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs from behind me. "Mabel? Is everything okay? Your... Taking..." She says, realising the uninvited guests presence.

I look up to see the males reaction to Pacifica's sudden appearance and see a look of disgust and anger. "Brett." I say glaring at him fiercely, sending him a look saying "don't you dare", a sly smile crawls onto his face. He walks towards the short blonde, soon standing in front of her. I make my way towards them ready to lunge at him. "So... How did you do it?" He questions, leaning down to Pacifica's height, making her shiver slightly but she stills manages to keep a tough expression. "What?", "make Mabel think she's a gay". I let a growl escape my mouth making them both look my way. "Brett. Get out" I order not removing my gaze from his, "Mabel, I'm only here", "Get out" I order once again mixing my tone with a another growl. He keeps quiet and walks to the front door finally leaving. Pacifica let's out a small breath of air and immediately hugs me, which I happily return. Not breaking the hug she looks up to me, her cuteness still radiating of her, despite her current appearance.

"I'm sorry" she says, softening her expression, "why? You didn't do anything wrong" I state. She stays silent and I can't help it anymore, I connect her soft lips with mine. For a second she's caught off guard but that doesn't stop her from kissing back and placing her hands on my cheeks.

Finally we break the kiss, the feeling of her lips still lingering on mine. I pull her closer to me and whisper in her ear; "no matter what happens, I'll be here" and which I get a adorable smile in return.

We both whip our gazes to the door at the sound of it opening, revealing Dipper. "Uhh..." Is all he says staring at our position, Pacifica quickly untangles herself from me and steps back, a bright red blush covering her cheeks, which I can't help but slightly giggle at. "So... Are you staying for dinner?" my brother asks awkwardly, she nervously fidgets in reply giving me the only answer I need. "Yes and the night... In my room" I finish, smiling slightly. Pacifica opens her mouth to object but can't quite seem to find the words and ends up sighing.

Candy's Perspective•
Its the day after I made that call and I'm sitting in front of Brett again. "I see" I reply after hearing what happened at the Pine residence yesterday, "that's okay at least you tried" I say smiling, he smiles back and takes a sip of his coffee. "I think for the first time I'm going to give up on a girl" he says, surprising me. I can't help but feel a little excited, hoping he'll pursue me next, "in fact I think I'm going to take a break from being a playboy" he states. I sit there dumbfounded but that doesn't stop him from continuing, "I did some thinking last night and realised I've never been in a serious relationship or even liked someone and seeing the way Mabel reacted yesterday, made me really believe that maybe true love is out there and maybe for Mabel that's Pacifca". He half smiles thinking about it, I feel a frown cover my face but I try my best to keep it hidden. No way, anybody else but Pacifca! Still only lightly smiling he gets up and walks out of the cafe waving a quick goodbye.

-Brett's Perspective-
I didn't tell her everything that happened last night... I left out the part where Dipper called, yelling at me and not giving me much choice but to realise my mistakes. He's such a great friend and brother. I smile to myself kicking a stone in front of me, and me... I'm an idiot... I turn a corner and am slightly shocked to see a male leaning against the wall, brown fringe covering his eyes but not long enough to hide the half sad and half disgusted frown on his face. He notices my presence and looks at me for a second before looking back down. Maybe I can redeem myself...

"Are you ok?" I ask, not wanting to invade his space. He sighs, "no"..."want to talk about it?" I ask, he looks back at me again and replies "fine, what have I got to loose anyway". He slides down the wall now sitting and I crouch down next to him. I spend the next hour listening to him tell me about how his Dad hates him and how he called his boyfriend to talk about it after and how they ended up breaking up. After he finishes he sighs again, "anyway enough of my pitiful story, what's your name?" He asks, weakly smiling, "Brett. You?", "Guy" he answers moving his fringe from his eye, "Brett... Brett and Guy, they go well together" he smiles genuinely. Suddenly a warm feeling in my chest and cheeks occur leaving me very confused...

Author: looks like Guy and Brett are starting to create their own story and for Mabel and Pacifica's ending... Well guess we'll find out next chapter. (Which is the last by the way)