Chapter 1

Credit to a good friend of mine, Fajita13 for doing this amazing cover page!
********************

     "Come on Phoebs let's go!" Dad yells at me as he walks into my bedroom, plopping down on the edge of my bed. Looking up from my Mac Book Air, I stare at him while raising an eyebrow. I'm currently sitting on my bed, my back resting against the cool leather headboard while trying to finish up my book report for English class. Three pages down and only five more to go for my Of Mice and Men book report and it's due in two days. Thank a lot Mr. K.

     Sighing out in annoyance, I remove my think square glasses and place them on the top of my head before rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Dad. I have my English book report that's due Monday. Can't we change the date of this mission? We could do it next Friday instead of tonight."

     Dad sends me a glare through his thick black square Gucci glasses. "No."

     I groan in annoyance as I set my Mac Book down besides me. "Dad. It's Saturday night. Normally I would be out and not caring about school but here I am, sitting at home at ten o'clock working on this seven page paper due Monday. Can't we just—"

     Raising an eyebrow at me, a smirk appears on his square face. His bright blue eyes bore into mine as they shine in amusement. "No!" He shouts in my face as I screech and bang my back hard against the headboard. A groan leaves my lips as he chuckles at my outburst. "You have twenty minutes." Grabbing my laptop, dad quickly stands with a toothy smile on his face as he makes his way towards the door.

     Rolling my eyes at his childish outburst, he begins to laugh before leaning on my doorframe. "Phoebs listen. I've trained you for so long and I will not let you back down for some silly homework assignment that you could easily finish in one night. This mission is too important to back out of. This mission depends on you to get the rest of the team into Angelo's night club."

     Groaning again, I run a hand through my dark brown hair. "Dad, I get it but at the same time I'm only sixteen. I have my whole life ahead of me. It doesn't necessarily mean I will be in the mob my entire life."

     Dad stares hard at me through his black Gucci glasses before sighing and running a hand over his stubble beard. "I understand but this is your destiny. You are the future of this mafia and I know you want to be leader some day, so don't pull that crap on me." A smile appears on both our faces as we chuckle lightly. Pushing off the door, dad sends me an evil smirk. "Now. Get dressed in the outfit Lacy placed for you downstairs in the living room and if you don't come along, I'll remove your school privileges for a month."

     Making a weird face at what he said, dad zooms out my bedroom door; his laughter being heard throughout the house as he shuffles down the stairs. "Wow dad! Real mature! I can't believe you made me stop doing my homework for a silly mission! Some type of parent you are!" I shout to him as I hear his laughter from the bottom of the stairs. Rolling my eyes, I scurry out of my room and march down the stairs.

     "You sure as hell aren't going to college with that attitude! If you want to run this mafia you need to tag along!" Dad shouts back as he continues to chuckle.

     Just as I was about to respond, my father's laughter stops and my mother's voice booms throughout the house. "You stopped her from doing her homework for this stupid mission?!" Mom shouts as I chuckle.

     Shaking my head with a smile still on my face, I jump off the last three steps and look around only to mind my father being dragged by the ear into his office as my mother slams the door behind them. Heading towards the living room, I grab the outfit Lacy had laid out for me. It's a simple short black lace shirt with a matching bra; simple but sexy.