Chapter 40

The sound of my stupid alarm clock goes off making me groan. School. After the endless attempts of falling back asleep, I decide to get out of bed and start my official first day back at school since being kidnapped.

     I try to pull myself out of bed but I end up rolling out of bed as my body hits the cold floor. I lay there for a couple fo seconds before standing and heading towards the washroom and hopping into the shower. I can still smell the hospital cleaning products on me. After showering, I walk into my bedroom and pull my school uniform out of my closet.

     My white school top with grey school skirt comes into view as I mentally groan. Throwing on my knee-high black socks and combat boots, I stare at myself in my long body mirror. I seriously hate this uniform. Walking into the bathroom, I put my hair in a high messy bun and stare at myself in the mirror.

     My face is still somewhat bruised, so I grab my foundation and cover the little brown spots before applying mascara and chap stick.

     Heading back into my closet, I pull out my black school hoodie and pull it over my white shirt. The school logo 'AFCG' or longer version being Academy for Canada's Gifted. Yup. A private school for the Mafia's families in Canada. Anyone and everyone who are in the mafia—in Canada go to this school. From parents who are workers to field agents to designers and all the leaders children. This is the school we go to.

     My school was created by my nonno (grandfather) fifty years ago. He wanted a place of safety for the Mafia's children, so that they won't have to go to school with people who aren't involved. He said 'it's better to keep the people who don't belong out of it because once you're in you can never leave.' Only twenty years old and a soon to be father, he wanted to build this school fast. So, himself and all the leaders in Canada got together to help build this school. Once built, it started off as half high school and half elementary school but the demands were getting higher so he built another school for just elementary while the high school stayed here. Sure, our fellow enemies are in the school but what something that he always said was 'keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer'.

     Our school is like any other. With math classes and history classes and gym class but we also have combat classes and so-called field trips to a shooting rang. My grandfather was smart when he put in the 'No tolerance Rules' for the school. The number one, sitting at the very top of that list is 'no form of any violence on school property.' The second one is kinda funny, well to me at least. 'No attempts of chemical substances or liquids that would kill other students.' Now. The third one is my favourite. 'No attempt of putting chemicals or liquids or anything in any other student's meals and drinks'. You could say the past students were pretty ruthless but once the generations passed the younger generation didn't care much for it. From there, the list goes on and on.

     Rules one to fifty and if you break any one of those rules, you have to go to the office and get most likely get expelled. Trust me, you do not want to get expelled from this school. It's like we're being treated like Royalty. Once you get down graded from Royalty, you have crappy real high school that no one really has time to deal with.

     "Nia lets go!" I hear Ricky call as he drags me out of my thoughts. Huffing, I grab my book report that I finally finished and school bag while heading down the stairs.
***

     "Have fun at school guys!" Ricky says, pulling up next to the school.

     "Yeah! If you guys need us we're only a call away." Keith says smiling at us as we get out of the car.

     Groaning, I slam my hand over my face. "Do I have to go? Why couldn't I stay in the hospital?"

     Ricky chuckles. "Because, the doctor said that by Monday you should be ready to go. You're lucky we made you stay home yesterday while these guys were at school." Pointing at Tyler, Amanda, Isabella and Sarah they smile at me shyly. "Now, it's Tuesday. Put a smile on that pretty little face of yours and get your ass in school." He demands.