Chapter 19

Team 1-Part 2

     The feeling of heat rushing down my face causes me to wake up. Beads of sweat roll down my face as the shining light from above causes me to slowly open my eyes. Blinking away the blurry vision, I instantly groan at the headache that forms.

     Once my vision clears, my eyes dart around the room as realization draws upon me. I'm back in the torture chamber. My eyes land on a puff of smoke as the smell of cigarettes fill the air and a figure leaning against the wall. The figure looks over at me as a chuckle escapes his lips—the puff of his smoke following. "You passed out." His familiar voice rings in my ears.

     "For how long?" Gritting my teeth, I watch as Angelo emerges from the dark corner. A sly smile on his face as he chuckles darkly.

     Bringing his cigarette back to his lips, he inhales. "About an hour or so." He exhales while making his way towards me. Watching him smoke makes me crave the missing substance that left my body two years ago.

     After everything with Gianluca, I started the whole drugs thing and my friends were not happy about it. That's how I first met Antonio. We were smoking buddies when he came to my high school. Back of the building was our spot and somehow we got closer. I should have known better but we managed to help each other with that sick addiction and every time to this day when I see or smell a cigarette—or even marijuana, it reminds me of him.

     Angelo crouches down in front of me, causing him to be at the same eye level as me. Inhaling that sickening drug, he sees me scrunch up my nose before blowing it into my face. I slightly inhale the drug causing me to sigh in delight. "I would have never thought of the Blood Hounds daughter to enjoy the scent of a cigarette." Angelo smirks at me as his dark eyes train on my dark blue ones. "I guess old habits never die."

     Narrowing my eyes at him, my jaw clenches. "What do you want Angelo? To gloat?"

     He sends me a tight lip grin before inhaling the drug for a very long time. Practically swallowing it, he puffs it in my face. "It's twelve in the afternoon Fionia. You spend an hour and a half sleeping." Shaking his head, he makes a tsk noise. "That's not good. You won't have enough time now."

     Cocking my head to the side and my eye still narrow I wait for the catch because with him, there's always a game. Just like his son. "But." He sighs, clearly taking forever to spit out his fucking words. "I'll reward you with two extra hours. Since I'm being generous."

     Angelo sends me a wicked smile before standing and making his way back into the dark. "In order to continue this game, you must win against Massimo and move on to the second team." There must have been a table that I didn't notice because Angelo steps out of the dark with a water bottle and what looks like a McDonald's burger. His cigarette hanging from his lips as he speaks. "You have these next ten minutes as a break." Stopping in front of me, he tosses me the burger and bottle. "Here's lunch."

     Catching the bottle and burger, I shove the bottle between my thighs to hold it up and unwrap the McDonald's burger. The amazing smell fills my nose as I automatically know it's my favourite. Chicken burger. As I'm about to take bite into the burger, my eyes move over to Angelo who remains standing in front of me. Pulling the burger away from my mouth, I raise an eyebrow. This is too easy. Wrapping the burger up, I press my lips together and stare at him. Hard. "How do I know you didn't poison my food?"

     "This is your treat." Angelo shrugs before making his way to the door and removing the cigarette from his lips. "My son got the burger for you if it makes you feel any better."

     Scoffing, I cross my arms over my chest. "That's the perfect example of why I shouldn't eat or drink."

     Angelo turns around slowly. His cigarette puff leaving his lips as he smiles at me. "Trust us this once, yes?" Taking a breath, I roll my eyes at him, as if asking him to give me a better reason why. "You will be getting another one later. After the second one, there's no more." With that he walk out the door. His trail of smoke following him before slamming it.