Chapter 52

My knees buckle from under me as they hit the harsh grassy ground. I watch in pain as blood pours out of his stomach and onto his skin. Droplets run down his sides as they blend into the green grass underneath. My body's frozen and refuses to move. My mind runs on millions of possibilities of how this afternoon could end—all of which ending with me laying over his dead body.

     My brain forces my body to do something. To make a noise, a move or even take in a breath but none of that happens as my eyes widen at the continuous horror movie before me. Slowly, his right hand creeps up onto my thigh. That's when my entire body comes to life and move again.

     Tears rush down my cheek even more as I push my hands onto his stomach in an attempt in stopping the bleeding. "Luca!" I scream in fear as his eyes begin to close. "Don't you dare close you eyes! You hear me!"

     Looking around, I spot some people from his mafia watching us with a certain interest. "Someone. Please. Call 9-1-1!" I ask no one in particular while looking around the group.

     Everyone remains quiet and still. I spot some movement behind them and before I know it, Massimo, Vince and Francesco are in front of me. Massimo and Francesco watch in shock as their best friend remain on the ground bleeding to death but Vince is quick as he hops to Gianluca's other side. "Amanda called two ambulances for you and your parents." Vince informs me as as he takes off his jacket and tucks it under Gianluca.

     Within seconds, he's made a wound coverage over his stomach but the bleeding doesn't stop and my hands refuse to move. I send Vince a nod of thank you as he remains besides me. His index and middle finger presses themselves to the side of Gianluca's neck to check his pulse. My knees begin to hurt as I'm crushing them to the ground and my palms become sweaty as blood seems to still be everywhere.

     My hearts beating like crazy and Vince's words are fuzzy from the loud buzzing noise in my ears. But something catches my attention as I look over at Vince. He's already staring at me with sad eyes. "His pulse is low. If we don't get him to a hospital soon—"

     I shake my head. "No. He'll make it." Looking down at Gianluca, I watch as he blinks slowly. It's as if he's drifting off to sleep but refuses to completely close his eyes. I won't allow this. Even if he kidnapped me and tortured me and used me of my emotions. At the end of the day, he did it for his mafia and we both know I would have done the same. But the the boy he was back then and the man he is now are two completely different people. Back then, he wouldn't have cared if his father tried to kill me but now, it was as if he couldn't live his life without me.

     Tears roll down my cheeks as I keep pressing down on his stomach. "Please. Come on Luca. You can't leave me. Not now." I say in a firm voice as I try to push away the tears that are threatening to rush down my cheeks.

     "Nia..." Vince trails off. I know that tone all to well and I choose to ignore it.

     Removing one of my bloody hands, I place it on his cheek and run circles on it as I know he loves it when I do that. "C-Come on b-babe. I need y-you to l-listen to m-me. Stay a-awake." My voice comes out in hiccups tears slowly stream down my face.

     Giving me a weak smile, Luca hushes me but my sobs get a little louder as I start begging. "Please d-don't leave me baby. I-I need you! P-please! Please. Don't..."

     A hand places itself on my shoulder. Snapping my attention to Vince he shakes his head but I push him off. I won't accept the fact that Luca is dying because of me. I refuse too accept that thought. Tears continue to stream down my face as Gianluca hushes me once more. His thumb runs over my cheek and removes the tears. "I love you Fionia. Don't forget that." He says while giving me a droopy smile.