Chapter 2

Credit to my girl Fajita13 for doing this amazing cover page!
************************
Walking to the front door of the Black Widows club, I show the bouncers my 'work card' and make my way towards the strippers dressing room. Step one check. I think to myself as I push open the dressing room door. I'm met with an empty room and practically sigh in relief as I pass by the makeup and hair stations.

My eyes focus on the big grey steal door in the back of the room with a flashing red sign on top; the words EXIT pop out to me practically making his door impossible to miss. An uneasy feeling rests in the bottom of my stomach but I try to push it away.

Knocking twice on the back door, I wait for a response. Dad knocks twice and I swing the door open to reveal him and other members of the mob rushing through the door. Each of them hold a metal suitcase with different supplies and laptops to help with this mission.

"Dad, this feels too easy. I think they know that we're here." My heart's beating faster than before and my palms are sweatier than usual. My entire body feels numb and that uneasy feeling from my stomach is back as it turns. Something feels off.

Waving me off, dad hands me an earpiece. "Nonsense. We've been planning this for months. Now put your ear piece on and go find Gianluca." Shoving a slick black gun into my hand, I nod my head before placing the heavy object into my little purse. Pulling out a picture of Gianluca, I push the dressing room doors open and head down the small hallway as I shove the earpiece into my ear. Step two check.

"Phoebs, can you hear me?" Dad's voice rings in my ears as my eyes dart around the dark night club. Lights flash around the room as the sound of the DJ's loud music blasts throughout the club.

"Loud and clear." I respond in a semi loud voice as I scan the club for Gianluca.

"Great! Now, go get him." Holding the picture closer to my face, I continue to scan around the club but don't seem to find him as I groan in annoyance. "What's the hold up Phoebs?" Dad questions me.

"Can't find the target." I simply respond as I move around the lower level of the club. The loud sound of the base from the speakers blare into my ears as strippers dances on poles while dirty old men throw five dollar bills at them. The only pro about living in Canada is that we don't have one dollar bills. You could make a lot of money and fast. Why am I in a mob again? I could be making more money becoming a stripper!

Smiling at my own stupidity, dad's voice barks at our tech-guy. "Marc! Get into those cameras so we could find this kid!" My eyes continue to scan the crowd of sweaty bodies to dance against one another. "Phoebs? You still there?"

"Loud and scream."

"Marc located Gianluca. He's sitting at the bar on the left hand side. Go over and get him to leave with you. I'm giving you ten more minutes."

"Alright. See you in ten." I say to dad as I sway my hips over to the bar. Men turn around to stare at me and whistle in my direction but I ignore them as my eyes scan over the bar to find Gianluca.

Once my eyes spot his tall built frame, I intake a breath. I look down at the picture in my hands. The description dad wrote down was slightly correct. Well, the only thing he got write was that he was 6'3 besides that Gianluca changed—a lot. He definitely got taller from the last time I saw him. His shoulders are wider too and the way his hair swoops to the side causes him to look hotter. God damn what a hottie.

I silently groan at myself and shake my head in disappointment. Shut the hell up Fab! Don't think about that! Think about the party and what happened! Memories of that night flash through my mind. Anger and determination for revenge builds up within me by just picturing him with her. Putting all my emotions towards this mission, I smirk and walk towards him in the best sexy walk I could. Stroking his arm, he turns to face me.