06: Shots to the Heart

Chapter Six - Shots to the Heart

-

The music suddenly becomes louder and Taryn groans drunkenly, clearly frustrated. "Holy fuck. That's the third time I've had to turn down the music. I don't want the neighbors bitching to my parents. I'll be back guys."

"Who the fuck keeps turning the music up?" She yells as she stumbles away and I laugh to myself.

"Who's house are we staying at tonight?" Norah suddenly asks.

"Well if I get drunk I can't go back home so Taryn already told me I can stay here," Niyah says, reading something on her phone distractedly and then typing across the screen before putting it in her back pocket.

"What about me?" Norah asks and Niyah looks back at her with a shrug. I'm about to offer her to stay with me but I have no idea what Dylan's plans are yet. He may stay with another friend but I need to make sure.

"Do you plan on getting drunk?"

"I mean, I don't know?"

"Can't you find somewhere to stay?" Niyah questions her and I watch Norah open her mouth to speak and then stop before saying something else.

"Why can't I stay here with you?"

"Because," Niyah remarks, saying nothing else as she grabs at her phone again.

"Because? I'm friends with Taryn too. I'm sure she won't care—"

"Ugh, Norah. Sometimes I want to do certain things without you up my ass," Niyah snaps at her twin and I watch as Norah's face falls and an upsetting look takes over her facial features.

"Fuck you, Niyah," she says in disbelief before giving me a sad look and walking away from us. I frown, Jo and I exchanging a look before I give Niyah a disappointed gaze.

"Bit harsh, Niy," I mutter to her.

"You have no idea, dude," she sighs, slumping her shoulders. "We do everything together. I just need some space to breathe right now."

I nod in understanding. They do actually do about everything together. They shared a room for years, most of their friends and even clothes. I don't have any siblings, let alone a twin so I can't imagine my alone time being taken away.

"It's just sad because she loves doing everything with you," I say, hoping she can understand that much.

"And I, her but I need a minute as an individual," she chuckles lightly, swallowing and rubbing underneath her eyes.