09: First Time For Everything

this is seriously so long lmao it's over 7000 words. i wanted to make two separate chapters but it's so juicy and chaotic in one for a reason—no good spot to end on until i was fully done. my writing improved in this chapter i love it

make sure the song plays once they're in the car :)

Chapter Nine - First Time For Everything

-

"Just text me or whatever when you're done," I tell Dylan when he pulls into my driveway. I watch his hand play over the drive stick before I look back up at him. He has the same anticipated looked on his face that I have. "I'll be here."

He's going to go talk to his dad tonight and I assume he'll want to tell me all about it later, meanwhile Nick is on his way over to discuss things.

A small smile pulls at his lips. "I will. . . Good luck with Nick."

"Yeah," I scoff slightly, feeling somewhat nervous. "Good luck to you as well."

"See ya later, Lyd," he says as I get out of his jeep.

"See ya then," I say back with one last smile, shutting the door.

Just as Dylan pulls out, Nick pulls in seconds after.

Here we go.

Nick gets out of his truck with a timid smile, jamming his hands in his denim shorts pockets. His hair sports a messy look like he hasn't fixed it up from last night. He looks cute and it makes me sad how sad he looks.

"Hey," I say, standing at the door.

"Hey," he says back.

We're in my room now and he sits on the bed, silence as I deflate the mattress Norah slept on last night. Really, I'm just trying to find something to do until one of us decides to speak about the matter first.

"How was your night?" he asks—stupidly and I think we both realize it's stupid when I give him a knowing look. "Yeah, I don't know why I asked that. I'm sorry, I'm just. . . nervous, I guess."

I sigh, a soft look coming over my face as I go to sit next to him. The atmosphere is so tense, and I hate it because this is our first big fight. "It's okay. Me too."

He turns to me with a guilty look on his face, gently grabbing my hands in his, which are clammy and I realize he really is nervous. "I was an ass last night, Lydia and I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that—"