16: So Close

Chapter Sixteen - So Close

A week after Dylan and I agreed to our friends with benefits deal, we found ourselves having hot make out sessions any time we were alone—even at night it seemed we would kiss until we fell asleep. It almost felt addicting.

It's been incredibly hard not being able to go any further, practically torturing ourselves due to my unfortunate circumstance. But I finally finished the last dose of my medication yesterday, so I'm back in business.

Throughout the days of just observing him from afar, it'd been so difficult to not jump his bones. Funnily enough, I knew he felt the same because while we were hanging out with the twins, I could give one look at the boy and he would get visibly turned on, excusing himself to the bathroom for a couple of minutes.

Luckily, the twins haven't noticed anything since I've decided not to tell them yet for some reason. Mostly because I have no idea how they would react or what they would think since Dylan and I have been platonic for so long.

Though, recently their comments seem to advocate for me to give some try with him but I don't know. It just feels weird, I guess. I'm sure they would wonder what suddenly changed and how, and I'm still wondering the same thing myself. I do find myself almost slipping up about him and our activities.

"Guys, his dick is huge," Norah whispers from across the table. The chatter in the food court is loud enough that no one would have heard her at normal volume anyhow but Norah is more modest than her sister and even myself.

"Good to know," Niyah says, processing the information from her twin. She sits with nothing in front of her and I can't even remember the last time I saw her eat something with us. It's starting to become concerning.

"I knew it." I applaud myself and Norah giggles, seeming to be reminiscent of it. Then I gasp, leaning towards her. "Did you go all the way?"

"No. . . but we did a lot of other stuff," she tells us and I stir with excitement for her. We both seem to be coming out of our comfort zones. Growing up, I suppose? "He's better than I imagined."

"I love that for you," I sigh. "I have a few more days on these meds and then I'm free to do as I please."

"And who do you plan on doing?" Niyah asks curiously with a quirked eyebrow. I remember my dumb act. "Has your hoe phase been officially activated?"

"Hey," I call, waving a finger at her. "Sex positive around here."

"You're right, you're right but still call it as it is," she agrees, arms crossed over her chest as she leans back. "But seriously, who?—"

"No, you know what," I start to demand, putting my fist against the table in front of her. "What about you? You never told the gruesome details about Athens boy you hooked up with?—"

Of course Niyah averts her attention somewhere behind me and her twin soon follows.

"Don't look now," warns Niyah with the cliche line from the movies but I'm only more intrigued and I can't help but look over my shoulder.

Of course just as I look my eyes meet with Ambree's. Acknowledgment flashes through her eyes but besides that I can't read her. I give nothing in return as I turn back around with a roll of my eyes.