6

KIM JENNIE

Jennie heaved out a heavy sigh. Performing majimakcheorom for the nth time wasn't even exhausting anymore, it is getting a little bit of annoying. She can't help the envy creeping up her veins to idol groups who are having their second comeback and performing new songs.

Excusing herself after their performance, she headed towards the girl's restroom. Her members quickly fixed their makeup and went to the artist's area. The mumbled voices of the emcees announcing another bonsang winner and the crowd's cheers became distant, calming her down.

Jennie could still feel the lingering eyes of every idol and fans alike on her skin.

It should have been nothing to her but she was human before she is an idol. Even she thinks no idol overcame their anxiousness of crowds.

Above all, her little crush on Min Yoongi is not helping her calm down at all. She tried looking straight but whenever it's not her part, her eyes would still fall back to the cute rapper of bangtan.

Jen giggled, well all of them are cute she thought. But Yoongi just makes her want to be flawless in their performance, the urge to impress him makes her giddy and excited.

She was still smiling adorably, thinking about how she would catch his gaze and the way he avoids it, it was the simplest things that makes Jennie happy. Knowing she would never have the chance to even get close enough to see his precious gummy smile up close.

Not knowing a group of idols were coming around the corner, causing Jennie to bump her shoulder on to one. She immediately bowed and said sorry, not even having the courage to look up. But Jennie was caught off guard when  a large hand appeared directly in front of her face.

"Not so fast." she still couldn't recognize the voice and looked up. Her eyes formed into slits as if trying to remember who are they.

Then as if answering her question, the guy spoke up. "I'm Kang Daniel, from wannaone Jennie - uh sunbaenim."

Jennie grimaced at the formality. She still couldn't recognize him, probably from being too tired but when she did she bowed whilst saying sorry.

"Ah I know you. I just didn't recognize you. Sorry." she said monotonously. Being part of YG comes with being awkward with the opposite sex as their CEO made it clear to minimize their interactions with them. Well, privileges doesn't always come with perfect conditions.

Kang Daniel sort of laughed along with his members. Jennie's face was marked with panic when she has to greet them one by one. She was so sure she watched a tv show that said their names. But for the love of god she can't remember even one, well except the member from Nu'est.

"Oh - you look like you'll cry Jennie-shi, don't worry. Daniel here just wants to say hi to you - yah! Why did you hit me?!" Minhyun of Nu'est ranted which made Jennie let out a small smile.

She saw how Daniel's face was all shades of red and felt awkward. Jennie never knew what to do with this kind of situations, all she could wish for at the moment is the very floor beneath her to open up and swallow her.

"Come on Daniel, say hi - haha!"

Jennie felt herself becoming smaller at how his members teased him.

"Ah, I'll get going first. Then, goodbye -" Jennie sensed how this is getting out of hand and decided to leave.

But Jennie was stopped when Daniel himself pulled her arm, earning them teasing howls from his members.

Damn this is awkward.

She saw how he adorably scratched the back of his head and frantically looking back at his members as if asking for help.

I am the one who needs help, where is Kim Jisoo when the need for socializing
arises?

"I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to scare you...

but if you don't mind, c-can I ask for your number Jennie-shi?

Jennie stood their rooted with eyes wide open. Oh? S-should I run?

Jennie thinks it's unbelievable how another idol just asked for her number, the girl just doesn't have any idea how everyone would like to have it. Clearly she knows this might be a scandal waiting to happen, and yet she is tempted to befriend anyone willing to offer her friendship.

It's just too bad she only has one person in mind to give it to. And it isn't Kang Daniel at all.

"I'm sorry, I-i am not allowed to give it to anyone for the mean time." Jennie bowed to emphasize how sorry she is and Daniel profusely saying it is fine.

Both of them didn't even notice his members leaving them, well hidden behind a wall counts. They couldn't pass this moment.

"But is it fine if I give you mine in case you change your mind? I-i am just a really big fan of you Jennie-shi and I want to become closer.."

It wasn't that big of a deal, Jennie could just not message him if she wants to. But lingering on the back of her mind is a very small guilt, as if receiving another guy's number is saying she is raising a sign that she is open for more options.

Min Yoongi is her only option. Petty as it is, she wants to cherish the feelings she has for him.

Jennie smiled a kind one, and she herself was surprised with the words that came out of her lips.

"Thank you and I'm really sorry Daniel-shi... It's just that I have my eyes set on someone else at the moment." Jennie's eyes reflects the sincerity of her words.

Knocking the air out of Daniel's chest, for the reasons she is indeed beautiful up close and how can another man be that lucky to win her feelings.

Daniel smiled,

"Well, he is lucky. Can I ask who it is?"

And Jennie proudly uttered his name with a big smile on her face. Not knowing the owner of the said name heard it all.

°°°

Next update in two days or earlier, thank you for the love everyone! And above, I added a photo of how Yoonnie looks like. The setting is SMA 2018 after all. :)