entry|five

leo,

it's been a whole year now. i haven't written for 11 months now. i thought i was happy in my relationship but i'm not. i saw you with neymar and my heart broke.
you turned around and saw me. you smiled, almost sadly, then turned back around and started laughing with everyone else. after you did that, i went straight home. i couldn't deal with being around you for so long but not saying a single word.
i miss you, leo. i miss your laugh and how you put everyone else before yourself. you're not even close to selfish and i love that about you.
i wish things would change, but it's been a year. you're happy with neymar and i'm working on my relationship, i guess you could say.
i hope it's all going well, because in the end all i want for you is to be happy. whatever you're doing or whoever you're with, i hope you are the happiest man on the face of the planet, even if i'm not in your life story.
this is my final goodbye. my last entry, my last letter. i need to move on because i know you did.
i'm not going to say i'm ever going to get over you or that i'll never stop loving you, because i won't. you are the love of my life, but i wasn't the love of yours.

take care, leo.
love, cristiano

|word count: 243|