Chapter 7. - Oblivious

A/N: Well, hey there! This chapter is dedicated to EbonyLallaRank ! Thank you for the loooove!

***

My entire body was tingling from the top of my head, to the tips of my fingertips against the soft material of his shirt. My body naturally bowed into his, flushing my chest against his stomach, feeling the hardness of him against my soft curves. I felt my thighs press together, something needy coming over me, something that made me feel undeniable female in his strong arms. His kiss was firm and confident, but he didn't try to shove his tongue in my mouth.

No, Lukas LaBelle kissed like a guy who knew what he was doing.

And that was precisely why instead of curling my fingers into his shirt and pulling him closer, I pushed him away.

He broke away slowly, lifting his head only enough to put a few inches between our mouths, his breath still hot on my skin. My whole body was shaking, as if I was shivering from cold – but I was burning up inside at the same time. I felt breathless, my mind a jumbled mess, like I was drunk, floating above the ground.

I was tempted to keep my hand flattened against his solid chest just to keep myself uptight – but in the end, I let him go. Sucking in some air through my mouth, I whispered. "Why did you just do that?" I didn't mean for my tone to come across as accusatory, but that was definitely how it sounded.

Lukas' eyes were so bright, like beautiful little lanterns floating over a golden sunset. I took another step back from him, as he reached up, and ran a hand through his blonde locks, pushing them away from his face.

He shrugged. "I thought that was what you wanted." His tone was confident, his voice stern, unlike my shaky, breathless question. Lukas looked so calm and collected – a complete opposite of the nervous breakdown I was about to endure. "I mean, you are obviously a fan." His gaze moved toward the separate row of paintings I've had of him – mostly shirtless, or wearing even less.

I swallowed. I couldn't believe he saw those! I even had one where I painted angel wings on his back, and an all-white guitar in his hands. Art was one thing if it was consensual, but those felt like little pages of my diary over the years – a changing vision of how I saw him, going from a cute teenage boy, to a sexually suggestive very adult man.

"Wait, you kissed me because you thought that... I was a fan?" I asked, already regretting the words as soon as they left my mouth.

Lukas shrugged again. "That's what they all want, isn't it?"

My mouth dropped open, my jaw most likely hitting the paint covered ground we were standing on. The man I spent the last eight years of my life obsessing and fantasizing about kissed me – and not because he liked me or even because he thought that I was remotely attractive or anything special... No. He thought that's what all the fans wanted.

If the Earth would ever open to swallow up a person whole, this would be a good opportunity for it right now.

I shook my head, taking another few steps away. "I can't believe this."

Lukas moved in synch with me, bringing his body closer. "What's wrong?" He asked, and the bastard even had the nerve to sound sincerely concerned. "I think it's clear the attraction is there."

This nervous laugh erupted out of me. "Yes, well that doesn't mean that you can just around kissing people!"

"So you're not denying it?" He asked, cocking a brow at me. When I remained quiet, he spoke again. "Why shouldn't I kiss a dedicated fan? No one else before seemed to mind."