Chapter 20. - Flame

A/N:What do we think about this double update every weekend? (One Strung, one Harmonized) I think it's a realistic update schedule I can commit to. For now. So, please except a new chapter of Strung every Saturday or Sunday. And if you're a real one, please also check out Harmonized, my other book and Ash's story! ;)

This chapter is dedicated to danielaaqa ! Thank you for the comments and love! xx

***

The food arrived ten minutes later. Lukas untangled himself from my arms and went to answer the door. It was strange to witness him doing something as ordinary as getting the delivery – but I had to admit, he pulled it off. His pink lips were puffy and slightly darker in shade, as a result of all the kissing we've been doing. And his blonde curls were going in each and every which direction, giving him this sexy, bedroom aura.

Lukas looked hotter than an August noon in the Saharan desert. And on top of that, he ordered everything with extra bacon!

My mouth watered from the delicious scent and heart-stopping sight. And the food looked good too... "Hmm." I hummed, closing my eyes as my senses took over. Lukas set the food down on the counter in front of me, and I just about begun salivating over how incredible everything smelled.

When I opened my eyes and glanced over at him, he was staring at me with that lusty haze over his golden eyes I used to daydream about as a teenager. Of course, the effect was still very much there, but instead of a poster over my bed, now I was face-to-face with the real thing.

And it was a thousand times better!

"You're fucking intoxicating when you make that sound." Lukas LaBelle said, and I noted the way his voice dropped, lowering a few notes.

My dirty thoughts were right behind his, though. "Hmm." I said again, my face breaking into a cheeky grin.

He smiled back. "Eat your food, San Diego. You'll need your strength."

We were a few slices of pizza, and a couple empty containers of take out food into dinner, when we spoke again. "Does your family know where you are?" Lukas asked, catching me off guard with his question.

My brows pulled together as I regarded him. "They know about you, if that's what you're asking." I didn't add that they have known about him since the coffee shop incident, back when I was just a sophomore in high school. "But no. Not that I'm with you right now."

He nodded, his eyes scanning his food. I got the sense that he was curious, but also shy about asking the next question, which made me all the more interested. I sat up straighter, and waited patiently. "What did they say?" Lukas cleared his throat. "I'm assuming they've read some articles about us by now."

"They found out about the articles before I did, actually. My brother nearly broke down my door the morning after our first da-" I stuttered. "The night at the diner and everything."

"And how did they react?"

I swallowed. "My brother thinks I'm an idiot, basically. Not because of you but... Just putting myself in this position. My mother is an idealist for the most part. She think it'll pass."

Lukas frowned at his plate. "She doesn't think you'd want anything serious?"

She didn't think you'd want anything serious, I wanted to reply, but found myself saying. "I meant the media frenzy. She thinks it'll die down as time passes. You know, some other celebrity will go into rehab, or elope, or get into a public feud. And I won't make headlines anymore."