Chapter 31. - Nineteen

A/N: New year, new POV! This chapter is dedicated to fluxlover925 because... outrage! ;)

***

*Lukas*

*8 Years Ago*

We just wrapped up playing a classic AC/DC song, and the first two tables clapped appreciatively, while the rest of the coffee house blissfully ignored us. I played out the last couple complicated riffs without any mistakes or missing a single note, and at that moment, I felt blessed to be talented enough to do this legendary song justice.

My guitar teacher would've been proud of me – had I had to money to still afford one.

My best buddy, Asher Wolfhart walked up to me and slapped me in the back. "Showing off, are you?" He grinned, then nodded towards our little table. "Let's take 10." He said into the microphone, then added – just to me. "I'm dying to have a smoke."

Me fucking too.

I jumped off the stage, bypassing Brian – our bassist – and his girlfriend, Nikki, who was currently blinking up at him with that lovesick expression that made my stomach turn. "Nik, will you grab us some water?" He asked her and she agreed.

Barf. "I got it!" I announced, thankful for the excuse not to have to endure those two any longer. I headed off to the counter not getting three steps in before someone grabbed my arm to tell me what great job I did up there. I glanced down at her big blue eyes and low cut blouse. Puberty hit her hard, and she was showing it all off tonight.

She looked too immature and too made up for my taste though, so I thanked her politely for coming out tonight – knowing full well that our band had nothing to do with it. She smiled, looking up at me from under her lashes in a way that she's probably seen in the movies.

Yeah, she was more of a turn-off by the moment.

The crowd in this area was much thicker, and I was thankful for my height so I could at least see the general direction of the counter. All the angsty teens who didn't have a fake ID enjoyed a night out, mixed with the young adults who were already over the clubbing scene. It worked out well for us, perhaps getting a few more MySpace followers, or a solid, reliable gig out of this.

Suddenly, this chick in front of me swirled around and dumped two handfuls of steaming hot coffee over my brand new shirt. "For fuck's sake!" She exploded, her filthy mouth prompting me to take a second look at her.

She was cute enough – short, with long, dark brown hair, olive toned skin, and a pretty little figure that looked like it would be a killer in a few years. Which reminded me... "Aren't you too young to talk like that?!" I asked, guessing her to be under eighteen. Fuck my luck with this teen crowd...

The chick would've looked too innocent to even know those words, but now I was second-guessing myself as her big, brown eyes traveled up and down my body.

She was checking me out!

And I let her. I waited patiently until her gaze made its way up to meet my own – and if it was even possible – her eyes widened further. "Oh fuck! I'm so sorry..." She mumbled, the words coming out of her mouth at an impressive speed.

And then it dawned on her.

I could practically see a lightbulb go off above her head as she glanced toward the stage, and then back at me. "You guys are so talented! And now I've completely ruined your outfit..."

And burned me too. The coffee must've been freshly brewed because my skin felt like it was on fucking fire – not to even mention that Ash's mom got me this shirt just this morning. She was going to be furious when she would see that I've already stained it...