Chapter 34. - Repercussions

A/N: As promised, here we are! With the consequences of that one party and those words London just threw out there... This one is dedicated to rowanisarownow ! Thank you for the support and love!

***

*London*

"It was clearly the best song ever - the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me-" I trailed off, aware of the raised eyebrow Ginger was giving me. "Okay, so it wasn't like I've had a lot to compare it to... But still. It was straight out of a romance novel."

Ginger snorted, but whatever sarcastic comment was threatening to burst to the surface, she held it in. and right now, I was thankful just for her silent support.

"And then I walked up to him, and he kissed me and took me backstage and-" I swallowed, and Ginger sighed.

"Did you sleep with him right then and there, London?" This time, her tone didn't hold back her disapproval. "Sex in a public place - is that where this is going? You have to keep your head on, London. That's the kind of reckless thing Callie would do, and we all know she doesn't make the best decisions when it comes to men."

"No, I didn't have sex with him!" I objected. I was about to, but then... "I told him I loved him."

Ginger blinked. Once. Twice. And just like Lukas LaBelle, snapped her lips shut.

"Actually, I said that I was in love with him," I added when she just continued to stare at me.

Finally, she sighed. "Shit, London, that's so much worse than public sex." She took a generous swing of her wine, before lowering her glass to look at me over the rim of it. "So what did he say?"

I bit down on my lower lip. "I don't know."

Her red brows lifted, peaking over her retro glasses. "What do you mean, you don't know? Did you pass out?"

I shook my head. "I ran."

"Oh, London..."

I cringed. "I know. But what was I supposed to do?! I mean, he just stared at me. He didn't say anything!"

"Well, did you give him a chance to?" Ginger questioned, making me replay the exact moments the words have left my mouth.

"I-" I trailed off. "I suppose not."

She rolled her eyes. "London, I love you, but you're an idiot."

"Hey!" I pouted. "I'm having a pretty rough night, in case you can't tell. I don't need your abuse on top of everything."

"Then what did you come here for?" She asked, making a solid point as always. "Look, the man wrote you a damn song about the time when you were all snotty teenagers and he didn't even know you. He basically told everyone your story - that is a love confession, London. He keeps dragging you to all these places and appears with you in public. He might as well have 'taken as fuck' tattooed on that golden pretty-boy forehead of his. Why the fuck would you run away?!"

"Because I got scared!" I yelled, my voice coming out much louder than I intended to. Tears clouded my vision as I stared at her, my mouth trembling as I forced the next words out. "I got scared, okay? I told him that I was in love with him - and I've never said that to anyone before. And instead of saying it back, or thanking me, or laughing in my face, he just looked at me in deafening silence. Much like you just did!"

She held her hands up in surrender. "I was shocked because I never thought you'd get a chance to admit it to him in person. And honestly, I didn't think you'd have the balls. I wasn't staring at you because I was questioning the integrity of your words, or because I thought it came out of nowhere."