Chapter 13. - Wining

A/N: Welcome back! Why Wrecking Ball/Wrecked Up was deleted is in the end of the chapter A/N!

***

I texted the girls well before I headed home that we needed to talk, and Ginger promised to head over with a bottle of wine after her classes and spend the night at our apartment.

Ignoring the rest of my messages, I went back to work, and before I knew it, my alarm rang, letting me know that it was time to head back home for the night.

The apartment I shared with Callie was in a decent neighborhood, further away from the heart of the city. Traffic thinned out slightly as I turned on the familiar roads, leading to our community.

The place was a two bedroom, enough square foot to get by without bumping into each other, but not nearly large enough to fit all of our things. We've been living in the same place since I dropped out of college four years ago, and Callie begun her modeling career. Back then, we were on a budget, and since our careers started taking off, we just haven't had time to look for anything bigger.

Callie rented an additional storage place for all her clothes, shoes, and purses the designers send her, and I had my studio, where I kept all my art supplies.

The walls were pretty thin, so I heard laughter echoing in the hallway as I walked to our door. I twisted the key, turned the knob, and entered our apartment. Ginger and Callie were sitting on the couch, each with a glass of wine in their hands, and between them, on the ground was Jesse fucking Wolfhart.

"What the..." I trailed off, glancing back and forth between my best friends, waiting for an explanation.

Jesse was the first to spot me, and he jumped to his feet and rushed over. "There you are! I've missed you!" He said, squeezing me so hard, my soul has near left my body. "I've been trying to get a hold of you all day!"

"I was working." I breathed, inhaling a lungful of precious air as he let go of me. "Why are you here?"

Jesse frowned, but didn't look offended. "I told you. I've been trying to get a hold of you all day! You didn't answer." He shrugged, grabbing my hand as he walked us both back to the living room area.

"So you just came over?! Never mind..." I sighed. This seemed to have been the rock star way of handling an unanswered text. I wasn't even going to ask him how the hell he knew where I lived. I wasn't sure I was ready to hear the answer.

"I came because we gotta talk about that article."

"What article?" I frowned.

Jesse shook his head. "See? This is why you should answer your phone, young lady!"

"What article?" I repeated, my eyes darting over to the sane one in the room – Ginger. "What is he talking about?"

Ginger took her time pouring me a glass of wine. She passed it over to me, her usual calm demeanor perfectly in place. "I didn't know about it either until I showed up." She said simply. "But it's not a big deal."

"How can you say that?!" Callie chimed in, shaking her head. She grabbed my free hand, turning me to face her. "It'll all be okay. They didn't know who it was."

"Who was what?" I asked, confused out of my mind.

"Last night." Callie replied. "In the club."

"People saw you dancing with me, and then Lukas." Jesse supplied, shrugging nonchalantly. "You were kind of grinding up on both of us, if I remember right."

"You told me to! It was your plan!" I gasped.

Jesse agreed. "Yeah, and it clearly, it worked! I know who went to visit you today, you naughty-naughty girl." He winked at me.