Chapter 52. - Investments

A/N: Welcome back! This one's dedicated to sweeties_treats - thank you for the love and for keeping up with my often late updates. xx

***

*London*

It was ironic how easily we, as human beings, got used to the good things in life. For example, it only took me a couple of times with Lukas LaBelle to familiarize myself with the feel of his arms around me. And after I got to experience something so toe-curling and magical, it was hard to accept anything less.

Just as easily, I got used to the easy, relaxed way of life on the little Greek island. There was no traffic, no nine lane freeways to get stuck in during rush hour - and outside of it. There was nowhere else to be but in that moment.

And now, the thought of having a set, stern schedule gave me a headache. Before my newest work project, I had an appointment with the account manager my mother insisted I should hire. It was the same one she and my father used for their estate, and now she felt that it was time I turned to a professional.

As if on cue, my phone rang, my mother's name flashing on my dashboard. "Morning, mom!"

"London it's nearly ten am. I've already had a hot yoga class and a writing session with my editor before calling you. Are you at Jordan's office yet?"

I shook my head as if she could see me. "I'm stuck in traffic, but I should be there soon."

"He's doing me a favor by taking you on. Normally, he goes for clients with much higher net worths - so please be courteous of his time."

"You don't have to tell me that, mom. But I can't predict the traffic!"

"If there's one thing, London, that you can predict in Los Angeles, is that there will be traffic." She sighed. "Call me after to tell me how it went! And remember, London, to take your business to the next level, you need capital. Start saving and investing - that's what Jordan is here for."

I rolled my eyes - just because she couldn't see me. "I'll talk to you after, mom."

Ten minutes after hanging up, I pulled up in front of the swanky offices of my parents' wealth manager. He was already at the door, in a pristine suit, holding a glass of water out as he ushered me into the building.

I suddenly wished I wore something other than my trusty faded denim dungarees, but I supposed it was too late to think about that now. "London Grey, it's a pleasure to meet you." He shook my hand, motioning toward the elevator in the back of the lobby. "Adelaide and Richard are two of my favorite clients."

I lifted a brow at him. "I'm sure you don't say that to all your client's relative when they visit."

To my surprise, Jordan laughed. "And I see you inherited your mother's good humor. I think we'll make a great team."

Once we arrived to the fifth and top floor of the building, he led me between glass desks and state of the art computers, until we reached the office at the far end of the floor, overlooking the city. "Nice view!" I complimented, taking the chair he offered me across the table from him. "I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not sure why my mother wanted me to hire an account manager so bad. Don't get me wrong, I do well for a young entrepreneur in my field in the age of Pinterest, and Wal-mart wall art - but I just don't see why I'd need someone like you to manage that money for me."

As if expecting my question, Jordan slid a folder across the table. "This details all the services me and my firm offer. We don't just count your money, London. I hope you don't mind if I call you that?"