A Break?

Rayne's POV

Rayne's POV

Keith what happened to us? What happened to me? Why does it hurt so much to have said goodbye?

I wasn't the one to is by myself and sulk. I refuse to let sadness hey to me. I also promised myself never to run away from my problems...yet look at me.

I am sulking by myself, sitting at an empty cafe, dramatically looking out of the window. My chest ached so much. The feeling of helplessness and depression eat at my thoughts, constantly drowning me.

It's been two days since I made a decision. My bandaged ankle was a vivid reminder of what happened.

*Flashback*

"Well, if you'd learned to tie your shoes, nine of this would have happened!" Keith snapped, pointing at my swollen ankle.

"I do know how to tie my shoes! It's not my fault. I can't run and look at the ground at the same time!" I put all the emphasis on the word fault. Lately everything seemed to be my fault. Oh! I dropped my books on the ground. Let's blame Rayne, since I was holding her hand. Oh Look, I failed my math quiz, let's put the blame on Rayne, she's the one who borrowed my calculator.

We sat side by side waiting for nurse willows to come back. Apparently some teacher fainted in the middle of the hallway and everyone thought world war III had unleashed.

"Whatever." He grunted, crossing his arms against his chest. My lower lip trembled at his distance. A month ago after the little disaster of a double date with is best friend,he told me he loved me again. Hugged me tightly and spent four hours making me happy. His eyes reflected our future. They were so light and happy.

Now the tables turned. Coins flipped and landed where nobody wanted them to. He changed......and I couldn't keep up.

"Keith....?" I trailed off, waiting for his chocolate gaze to turn to me. Once it did, my heart fell to the soles to my feet. His eyes were bored and dull.

"What?" I bit my lip to keep it from trembling even more.

"I think we need a break." I breathed, tears that I would not let to spill pooling in my eyes.

I caught him by surprise.

"A-a break?" He stuttered, his arms falling limp by his sides. I nodded.

"I think we need some time to figure out how we feel. I don't know where I stand anymore. Something's bothering you, I can feel it...but for the first time in my life, I am scared  ask you. I hate having to keep my guard up, because I know that we're going to end up arguing anyway." That was perfect cure for nurse willows to walk in, cutting off whatever Keith was about to say.

"Sorry you had to wait sweetheart," she smiled softly and unlocked the door. I sighed shakily and pattern his hand, got up and limped inside.

I refused to turn around and see the pained look in his face.

*End of flashback*

Maybe I should have tried a little harder, put a little more effort into understanding that he was going through a rough time. There are many what ifs to be put in this situation, but to be perfectly honest, I was tired. I couldn't deal with a war when I was fighting so many battles inside.

That's why I agreed with Mom to make this trip to Europe. That's what lead me to be sitting by myself in this cafe.

"Is this seat taken?" A deep male voice asked. It had a smooth English accent.

"Uh yes, I mean no,  I mean sure go ahead I gestured to the chair across from me. He chuckled slightly and slid in.

The first thing I noticed were his eyes, they were an extremely beautiful shade of electric blue his long dark lashes reminded me of Keith's.