We meet again..

"Fine, but I'll grill you about it later. How about we stop at Queens? Their food is a-ma-zing!" A dying whale sound came from my stomach, answering her question. It was enough to break the uncomfortable silence and we ended cracking up.

"This is...." I was at a loss of words.  Queens was actually a Vegas themed diner. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by beight pink neon lights and waiteresses in fifties outfits with a modern twist.

Officially my favorite place to be.

"You like?" She wriggled her eyebrows .

"I love!" She linked her sleeve tattooed arm with mine and we made our way towards the front counter. I was about to pull my wallet from my back pocket, but she glared viciously at my hand and insisted paying herself.

It seemed the waitress knew Chloe very well, judging by the small chatter they had while she led us to a two person table-booth.

"Take a look at the menus and your waiter will be right up." She winked and sashayed out.

"I want the double bacon cheeseburger with extra jalapenos and chilling cheese fries." Chloe said right away, not even opening the menu.

"The same but with large side of onion rings and an orange-vanilla float." I said. We high-fived and didn't notice someone was standing at our table.

"Very well, I take you won't be needing these?" I snapped my eyes up and met a pair of blue electric ones.

"Jake?" I gasped, and he smirked while he picked up our menus. He tucked them inside the pouch of his black apron and took out a notepad, quickly writing our order.

"I'll be right back." He winked and walked inside a pair of red double doors with round windows in the middle.

"I approve!" My cousin's voice slammed me back into the present.

"What?" I asked confused.

"He's hot, a hard worker and totally in to you. I approve. By the way, I haven't seen him around here before. Must be new...." I put my hands up in front of me, making a stop motion.

"Wait a minute, don't you remember that awkward little conversation in the car a few minutes ago? I have a boyfriend." She gave an evil little grin.

"No, You don't. I don't know what happened between you and that Wilson dude, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure things out. Being on a break is the same thing as being temporarily single. You're here for three weeks...." She wiggled her eyebrows, implying that I had to add on to the rest.

"He's perfect for you then. I don't go for the bad boys." I remember back when Jake and I first met. He had no intention of hiding his tattoos, or how much of a player he was.

I was willing to bet the reason he worked here was to attract all the ladies. His milkshake indeed, bring all the girls to the yard.

"Uh uhh, never say that love, you might just regret it." Something behind me attracted her attention and she winked at me.

"Here you go ladies. Enjoy your hearty meal." I smiled. He was one of those guys who hated when girls ate salads.

"Thanks cutie pie." I kicked Chloe's chair under the table. She jumped up in her seat, startled.

"Before I go, here", he handed me his black Droid. I just stared at it until he explained, "give me your number and I'll give you a call. Maybe I can take you to the Cinema one of these days." Good God, he had amazing dentistry.

"Actually, here", I reached behind me and grabbed my own white Droid, punching the contact button in. " How about I give you a call?" By the looks they both gave me, I hadn't meant to sound flirty. I wasn't comfortable giving out my phone number to strangers, no matter how much I wanted them to be my friends.

"Deal." He took it from my hands, and the tiny seconds our fingers touched, I felt a little spark. I wasn't sure if her felt it too, and when I was about to look, he was already done.

"Hopefully that call can come soon." He said and gave me a lopsided grin.

He had gotten three feet away, when he suddenly turned around.

"By the way, red really suits you today."

Author

I'm sorry for the late update. I really wanted to made a twist and Rayne mightnot choose the one you may be thinking.

On the next chapters, lots of new surprises might shock you. I shall be bringing Jessica Bailey back ( that chick from the chapter 'old friend', the one similar to Regina George). Let's see how that goes.  -.-

shreyathube this is for you!!