Chapter 6

"She's drunk," Damarius replied as he helped sit me up on the couch.

"Well that's even better because we have some things to discuss." Kamar said as he approached me. He leaned down to have a better look at my face and scanned my body.

"I never would have thought that you'd wear something as revealing as this. Maybe I should feel guilty for not coming to see you sooner."

"Please," I groaned. "I'd never wear this for you."

"Oh? But you'd wear it for complete strangers?"

I laughed and leaned my head back on the couch. "What do you want?"

"If it doesn't concern her, I'd like to get her to bed," Damarius said as he stood beside me.

"It does concern her, and you, if you'd like to tag along."

"What?" Damarius already didn't sound happy.

"The Council has ordered me to be more discrete about my sexual activities, so they've asked me to pick a succubus as my concubine."

"So how does that concern her? She's not a succubus."

"Well, I don't like succubi. In fact, I told The Council that and they asked who I would like to pick. When I told them a human satisfies me much more, they said they would need to meet the human before proceeding."

"You can't have a human as a concubine!" Damarius raised his voice loud enough to make two more men appear in the room. I had never seen them before. One had shoulder length brown hair with blue eyes and the other had short black hair and brown eyes. They were dressed in all black like they were apart of some secret agency.

Kamar lifted his hand at them. "We're fine. Please remain outside the door."

They both gave a nod and did as he said.

"Who the hell was that?" I asked before they could finish their conversation.

"A king isn't allowed to go anywhere without at least 2 guards. Sorry if they startled you," Kamar replied, and then turned back to Damarius.

"I am aware of the precautions I will have to take to make Vanessa my concubine."

"And are you aware that you cannot take a human that has been marked?"

"I'm not trying to take her soul, only her body. So I haven't committed any crimes of the old laws."

"I don't care. A human cannot survive sexual intercourse with a demon, and you know that."

"Not all humans have died from it, and do you really think I would let her die?"

Damarius' eyes were glowing red and the tension in the room was so thick I was having a hard time thinking. My head was spinning and I felt like I was going to puke.

"Damarius," I said as I felt my face going numb. He quickly grabbed me and teleported me to the bathroom so I could puke in the toilet. I hated that I was doing this in front of him, but my body was punishing me for not eating earlier.

"And even if they approved of her being my concubine, I don't really plan on having sex with her," Kamar continued as if I wasn't throwing my guts up right in front of him.

"You want to choose a human just to piss off The Council and show them that you can do whatever you want because you're king."

"Yes, something like that."

"Pick another human," Damarius said plainly as if that was the only choice.

"No."

"Why not?" His voice became deeper and was starting to sound more demonic by the second. I could almost feel his anger burning against my skin as he stood there staring at Kamar.