Chapter 11

I should have known that the dresses Kamar sent up would be slutty as ever. The first one was an all white two-piece that barely covered my ass and boobs. It tied around my neck like a halter top and all of my back was visible. The white made my tattoos stand out even better, but I couldn't stand wearing this for him. I knew Damarius was going to be at the dinner too, but this still felt wrong. Kamar wanted to see me dress sexy for him because I was going to be his in a couple of days. But Damarius told me that they had talked about it and I wouldn't really be his concubine after they killed The Council. I was glad about that, but I was still uneasy about having sex with him. I didn't really understand how blood oaths worked, but from how they described it to me, it's physically impossible for him to break it. So even if I ran away, he would find me and have sex with me. Just the thought made my stomach uneasy and I had to prop my hand against the wall so I wouldn't lose my balance. It was pushing 3:30 PM and the last time I ate was last night. My body was use to being on some kind of eating schedule and working out, so I hoped I wouldn't pass out before dinner. I was also use to drinking a lot of water throughout the day and I had barely had any since I got here. I felt a little fatigued and prayed that it would pass.

     The other dress he had sent me was sparkly red and floor length. There was a tall slit in the legs that revealed both of my thighs when I walked, and the neckline was so low that I would be lucky to keep my breasts in. Thankfully I had packed a few bras that would go with it, and this was probably going to be the best one for tonight. I looked at the other three he had sent me and they were all short, barely covering my ass, and showing a lot of breasts and back. I didn't mind my back showing, but I didn't want to be that revealing for a dinner date. Was this a date? I was just trying to think of it as a fancy dinner with two men. One who I had real feelings for and the other, well, I was his prisoner.

       I hung the red dress up and left the others on the bed for someone to come get while I showered. I know I took one last night but I wanted to be extra clean since Damarius and I had a little fun this morning. I remembered the way he grabbed me and shoved me against the wall. Just the thought had my heart racing and I wanted him to come back. Kamar had asked for him to join him so I wasn't sure what they were doing. I hated that Damarius was stuck in the middle of this. Him being my servant, wanting to serve me, but also having to serve his king even if it went against my orders. He was a free demon, that's what he asked for. But Kamar had also ordered him to stay away from me before all of this happened. I guess that order didn't matter now since he was staying in the castle.

    I put some clean clothes back on, deciding on dark blue jeans, a maroon sweater that had a low cut neckline to reveal some cleavage, and my black leather jacket. It was cold as hell in this castle, but I guess it didn't bother the demons too much. I walked over to the fireplace and tried to warm myself up before heading out the door. I couldn't stand being in this room any longer. I wanted to walk around, see people, even if they were demons.

     I had no idea where anything was, so I was literally just walking up and down the halls observing the pictures on the walls. Most of them were just some form of art, mostly painted in gold or black. They were intriguing to look at, but some of them hurt my eyes. I took the stairs at the end of the hall and headed down them, hoping I would find some food or drinks nearby. I remembered Avery saying someone would come by my room and get my food order, but that never happened. Was he lying just so I would stay there? But then the whole thing happened with Kamar and- ugh, I didn't want to think about it.

     I made it to the next floor and the hallway looked as same as the last one, dark and gloomy, with only the lanterns on the wall to light my way. There wasn't any windows on this hallway, so it was a lot darker than the other one. I looked down at it and I felt a shiver go up my arms. I had watched too many scary movies in my lifetime to know not to walk down a long, dark hallway. I sighed and quickly ran down it, making sure not to stop until I made it to the next staircase. I turned quickly when I got to the end of the hall, and almost fell down the stairs before I could grab on to the rail.