Chapter 14

I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself in the long red dress. My breasts were barely covered and my thighs hung out each side of the slits. This was the only dress that covered most of my body that Kamar had sent up the other day, and I didn't have any other ones with me. I put on a little makeup and straightened my hair, but I was kind of angry that Damarius wasn't eating with us. That was the original plan but Kamar had changed his mind. I would definitely be bringing that up when I saw him, and I hoped he wasn't getting any ideas about us trying to date again. I was told to wait in his bedroom until one of his servants came up to escort me downstairs. My heart was racing as I got nervous, but I don't know why I felt this way. Maybe because the last time we ate alone together we were on a date and I didn't want my feelings to resurface again. I had gotten my hopes up last time, and I refused to let that happen again. I had my eyes set on Damarius now, and I knew he was expecting me to be strong. I let out a long sigh and then I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."

A demon I hadn't seen before entered the doorway, wearing a black and white suit with no tie. He had long black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail and beautiful tan skin. He looked Hispanic, but his eyes were red. I wondered if something happened to make them that way or if they were always like that. I started to notice that some demons keep their red eyes out all the time, while Kamar and Damarius made their's change when they were angry or aroused. I wondered why that was, and if it had something to do with them being less powerful. 

"The King is ready for you." He said as he held the door open for me. I walked towards him and let him lead the way.

 "What's your name?" I asked as I followed him down the stairs, trying my best not to fall in my heels.

"Soma."

"That's a cool name." 

"Thank you." He gave me a small smile. I was glad to know that not all the demons here were stuck up assholes. 

      Soma led me all the way to the bottom and took me through a corridor, passing beautiful statues of naked goddesses and trees. We walked through another long hallway until we entered a very large room that had dining tables on the left and a large open area on the right. It looked like a ball room, and there was no one in here but a few guards and Kamar. He was standing in the center of the room with an all black outfit, including his favorite tailcoat, and his hair was actually braided and fell down one side of his chest. I had never seen him wear it that way, and it actually looked very good on him. I wondered who did it for him. He watched me as I walked over to him and Soma remained at the entrance with the other guards. Kamar smiled and held out his hand to me when I got close. I took it, and then a piano began to play.

     Kamar pulled me in against him, resting his hand on my hip as his other held on to my hand to guide me in the dance. I wasn't great at dancing, especially not these kind, so I had to let him lead.

"I knew you would pick this dress," he said as he swayed his body with mine.

"It was the only one that covered the most skin."

He smiled. "Yes, but your breasts are quite revealing, and your legs. I'd be happy to help you out of it later."

I ignored him. "Why did you change your mind about Damarius coming?"

"Because I wanted some alone time with you before the ceremony. And I wanted another chance to have a proper date with you."

"I'm sorry the way things ended with us Kamar, but I don't want to try for us again. I care for your brother."

"I've noticed. The way you look at him is starting to make me jealous, and I don't get jealous often. But I also saw the way you looked at me yesterday..." Those hazel eyes stared into mine and I had to break his gaze as my cheeks flushed red.