Chapter 27

"Are you able to stand?" Damarius asked as his body shifted back into it's human form. It was a comforting sight to see after seeing his demon form for so long. I stared into those dark brown eyes and couldn't help but smile.

"I think so, but I don't know if I want to."

"Here, let me help," Kamar said as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me off of him. I turned around once I was standing and shot him a glare, noticing that he was also back in his human form.

"Oh look, she can stand." He grinned.

"I hope you don't think I'm done with you."

"And what do you mean by that my little reaper?" He stared at me with those hazel eyes that I had once fallen so hard for.

"You're the one that got me into all of this mess. Choosing me as your concubine when you knew it was wrong. You may not have known the full extent of the consequences but you knew enough which should have made you rethink your answer."

"Do you also blame me for what happened to you? This new power that has changed everything about you?"

"I don't know what to think about it right now. But I find it strange that I also take souls from demons just like you and Damarius."

"I find it quite interesting, actually."

I glared at him again. "Interesting is one way to put it."

"You are the first of any reaper to reap the souls of a demon. Yes, my brother and I also feed from them, but we can also feed from humans. I wonder if you will have that same choice."

I shrugged.

"Are you not at all curious about this new you?"

I sighed. "Look, it's been a long fucking day. Friends of my family were killed and I need to go make sure all of that is taken care of. I don't even know what to tell them."

"I will accompany you and take care of that," Damarius said as he came to his feet.

"But what will you tell them?"

"I'll leave that up to you. But do keep in mind demons aren't very popular in your world so I would choose your words wisely so you don't look like a suspect."

"I don't want to lie, but I don't want to tell my parents a demon killed their neighbors either."

He gave a nod. "Just focus on comforting them and I will take care of the rest." He walked up to me and wrapped his large muscular arm around my body and pulled me against him. I leaned my head against his chest and asked, "Any idea where my clothes went?"

Kamar laughed. "A little too late to be self conscious."

"I need clothes to go see my family you dumb fuck."

He placed his hand on his chest as if he was deeply offended. "My my, so much anger. I like this new you. I wouldn't mind taking you up on that offer to see who is stronger."

I shook my head. "Another time. Damarius, will you take me to get some clothes?"

He gave a nod and we disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

We appeared back at Kamar's castle so I could take a quick shower and put some clothes on. I didn't realize how much blood was in my hair until I watched it run down the walls of the shower and into the drain. I stood there staring down at it as I wondered what I was going to tell my parents. I wondered if they were all still frozen standing there in fear, staring at the lifeless bodies of their dead friends. The thought made my stomach turn in fear and I quickly stepped out and threw on some clothes.