Chapter 28

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked sitting up on the bed to look at him, but he was looking at Damarius.

"Think about it. She always talked about helping us even in death."

"How would this be helping us?"

"Vanessa is another one of our kind; a being that feeds off of demonic souls. You know when our father was alive we were to be the Devil's Triune. But our parents hid that side of us from the others so we wouldn't be seen as a threat. But somehow stories got around about our father, and that's why he was murdered. If we would have been fully mature then, no one could have killed him. And we could have saved our mother."

I had never seen so much emotion in Kamar's eyes that I wanted to reach out and hold him, but I wasn't so sure if he would let me. He was very much the sexual type, but I wasn't so sure about the affectionate and opening up type.

"How did you hide your feedings?" I asked out of curiosity.

"We could still feed off of human souls, but they never satisfied us. Damarius and I would sneak off and feed on the demons that picked on us. And then of course you remember what happened to Damarius and me when we got separated and they found out about our power."

I gave a nod. It seemed like forever since I had heard that story about Damarius having to live in Limbo when he wasn't serving other humans. I didn't like the thought of it, because I also had been a human master to him. I turned my head to him and leaned in to kiss his cheek. The look on his face told me that he knew exactly what I was thinking about. His hand gently squeezed mine.

"That still wouldn't explain how our mother was able to do this. She was only a succubus," Damarius responded to his brother.

"Yes, but don't you remember what happened when our father died?"

Damarius nodded. "Yes, but our mother soon died too. The power was gone."

"Not unless she found a way to unleash it even after she died."

"She wouldn't have known about Vanessa though. She couldn't see into the future."

Kamar sighed and rubbed his temples as if he was trying so hard to figure it out. "I know, that's what I can't figure out is how she did it."

We all sat there in silence for a few minutes until Kamar decided to speak again.

"Unless, she was able to visit you in Limbo."

"I never saw her there. Trust me, I searched." Damarius replied in a sad tone that made my chest tighten. Why was I feeling so emotional today?

"That would have been the only way she could have done it."

"Ok, let's just back up a little bit. What the hell is the Devil's Triune?" I asked looking up at Kamar.

"A seer once told our parents that we were expected to be the strongest demons to ever exist, but that was only if the Trinity was together. Our mother proved to the other demons that we weren't like our father and we didn't share the same powers or cravings. Of course it was all an act, and we were put through multiple tests to prove that theory. Luckily they believed us, until the day I couldn't contain it anymore and Damarius was punished for it."

It had been a while since he had talked about this, and even now, I could still hear the pain in his voice from when the first time he spoke about it. I didn't care anymore and reached out to touch him. A tear ran down my cheek and Damarius touched my arm to comfort me. A wave of power shot through us and we quickly moved away from each other. The two demons were staring at me with glowing red eyes as I looked at them breathing quicker than normal. I glanced at the mirror on the wall to see that my eyes had also turned.

"Why do I feel like I could lift a house right now?" I asked as the power continued to dance along my skin.

"He's right... He's fucking right." Damarius replied, and it always surprised me when he cussed because he didn't do it often.

"We are the Devil's Triune once again."

"But I'm not a demon," I replied.

"Are you sure about that? You're definitely not human." Kamar said as he stared at me with those glowing eyes. My body reacted to his stare, and I was suddenly caught in-between wanting to run a thousand miles or fuck him. His body started to change into his demon form, and that let me know he could sense my reaction.

"Kamar," I said in almost a whisper as my body started to shake.

"She may not be human but her body still can't handle this much power," Damarius said as his eyes turned yellow. He was trying to keep himself from turning and I could tell that he was struggling. 

"T-there must be something else we can do instead of-" but before I could finish, Kamar was already slamming me onto the bed. I could hear the sound of the covers burning as his hot lava skin touched the bed.

"No, not here!" I said, and he scooped me into his arms and the three of us teleported to a beautiful waterfall with the night sky above us.

"Where are we?"

"Russia. This is one of my favorite spots to meditate," Kamar replied, and my mouth dropped.

"We're in Russia?!"

He laughed. "The surprise on your face is worth it. This is one of my favorite locations. But right now we need to help you."

I looked down to see my hands still shaking and he put me down in the water so I could wrap my legs around his waist. My lips met his and his entire body transformed. I could feel the heat against my body but it didn't hurt me. I kissed him harder as the power that pulsed through me began to grow stronger with every touch.

"Fuck! It feels worse than before." I said against his lips.

Damarius quickly appeared behind me and his hands ran up my shirt to grab my breasts. I moaned into Kamar's mouth as his sharp teeth grazed my bottom lip. 

"Please... make it go away," I begged into his mouth, and he pulled back just enough to see my face and began shredding through my clothes. I saw his thickness for just a moment before he was spreading my lips apart and pushing himself inside of me.