Chapter 26

"Shit!" I shouted as Odis started launching lava balls at me. I roll dodged the first few until I heard Olive say, don't worry about them. They won't hurt you.

"Bull shit! I can feel the heat off of those things."

They won't hurt you. Have I lied to you so far?

She had a point, but I wasn't ready to put that much trust into this new power. I decided to keep running, distracting him from the two demons that were slashing at his head. Damarius didn't look like he was in any pain, so I was thankful to have that off my mind. It made me wonder if all demons were immune to boiling temperatures like this, or was it just them? Because I could have sworn I saw a demon burned alive, multiple times actually. Maybe it was just demons of their rank that could survive it? I would have to remember to ask them later if we all made it out of this.

We will, Olive reassured me. I smiled at the sound of her voice in my head; I never thought I would hear it again. Her lips curved into a smile along with mine and I said, "Ok. Let's kill this fucker."

I stopped running and turned around to face Odis. There was so much lava that was dripping off his body that so many trees had caught on fire. I was still completely naked as I stood there with my scythe in my hand, ready to swing and bring this shit to an end. 

He still has a soul, so instead of focusing on hurting him physically, focus on that. The boys will take care of his body. But you all will need to feed from him to take him down in this form.

I gave a nod, "What do you want me to do?"

What part of the body allows you to see into someone's soul?

I thought to myself for a few moments before responding. "The eyes."

She smiled in my head and gave a nod. I looked up at Odis as he was walking towards me and the lava was almost to my feet. I let out a deep sigh and trusted myself, and Olive, that I would be okay. I gripped my scythe tightly and began running on the lava. I could feel the heat beneath my feet, but as I glanced down, dreading the sight of burning skin, my feet were perfectly fine. I was relieved, and lifted my head back up as I made my way up his legs. I heard him let out a deep chuckle and Damarius shouted down at me but I was too far to hear what he said. I was about to ask Olive if he heard him but then a large hand wrapped around my body. The heat was enough to make my body sweat but luckily Olive was right, he couldn't hurt me with his lava. But his grip was a whole other problem. His hand squeezed me tight enough to knock the breath out of me and I had to gasp for air. I thought my eyes would pop eventually as the blood rushed to my head. I looked up and saw Kamar digging into his neck as Damarius stopped to focus on me. Odis lifted me up to his face so I could stare into his eyes as he said, "This new power is useless without intelligence. You don't even know what you are capable of."

I could feel my head getting light as his grip continued to get stronger. He acted as if Kamar and Damarius wasn't even there, and I hoped they realized that their attacks had done nothing to him. 

"Damarius..." I whispered as loud as I could and I saw his large pointy ears twitch.

"We all... need to feed... from him. Stop... attacking."

I met those yellow eyes and he gave an awkward nod in that large beast body. I saw his lips move as he looked at Kamar and I hoped we were all on the same page. But before I could feed I needed to get out of this fucking grip. Damarius jumped down onto his hand that was holding me and began digging through his lava skin. Odis laughed and flicked him off like a bug. Angrily, I held one of my free arms in the air and willed my scythe to go in between his eyes. I knew it wouldn't kill him, but it distracted him enough that he loosened his grip and I could wiggle loose. I looked down to see Damarius flying back up and that he wasn't injured.  My scythe appeared back in my hand and it led me towards his eyes. I floated in front of him and looked into those fiery eyes. I could feel how badly my being wanted him and how hungry I was. Although my stomach didn't growl, it was a hunger that was anxiously waiting for his death.