Chapter 15

"Kamar, please," I begged him as I got lost in the feeling of his power. I wanted Damarius here. I needed him here. I screamed for him in my head until I could no longer control what I did. I kissed Kamar as hard as I could, letting my tongue venture around his mouth as I dug my nails into his back. He pulled his head back and started to kiss my neck as he whispered some words I couldn't understand. 

"What did you say?"

He didn't answer me, and instead, I felt a burning sensation on my back and let out a scream.

Damarius appeared beside us and pulled my body off of Kamar. He layed me down on the ground before attacking his brother. The guards came out as they heard the sounds of fighting but Damarius didn't pay them any attention as his hands turned into talons. Kamar was so high from the sexual tension he had caused between us that he laughed in Damarius' face. I watched the two guards pull out their guns and I quickly jumped up before they could shoot him. They turned to me as I ran at them and suddenly a gun went off. My body flew back and I layed there on the ground as I stared up at the sky. I looked down at my body and saw that the guard had shot me in the stomach and the shock took over. My hands shook as I tried to cover the wound but the sight of all the blood made me frantic. I let out a scream and Damarius appeared beside me. He was struggling not to turn into his demon form as his eyes went from red to yellow. I glanced back at Kamar and saw that he was no longer laughing as his body turned black. He turned to his guards with those black and red eyes as he transformed into his demon form and let out a low growl. The two guards stood there not knowing what to do as they lowered their guns before their King.

"My King, we thought she wanted to help him."

Kamar didn't say anything and started walking towards them.

"My King, please. We just wanted to help you. She was trying to stop us!"

Kamar grabbed them both by their throats and said in a demonic voice, "You hurt what was mine."

He squeezed their throats so tightly that his talons broke through their skin and he ripped their spines out of their throats. I would have screamed at the sight of it if I wasn't already dealing with the pain in my stomach. Damarius began ripping through my dress to get to my wound; he was so angry and scared that I couldn't even touch him. His emotions made mine even worse and I screamed in pain as he placed his hand over my wound and began to mutter a healing spell. When I realized the wound wasn't closing and it started to burn, I began to panic.

"Why isn't it working?!"

Damarius tried again and the bleeding slowed down, but it wasn't enough.

"What did you do?!" He yelled at Kamar as he came to kneel on the other side of me. 

"We both have to heal her."

"I've always been able to heal her on my own," Damarius growled. "What did you do?"

Kamar didn't respond and just looked down at my wound. "Let's heal her before it's too late."

Damarius struggled to find self control but he eventually began to mutter the same words as Kamar. I watched the wound on my stomach begin to close as the bullet rose to the surface. Kamar quickly grabbed it so the skin wouldn't close over it and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. The pain immediately vanished and I was left laying there in my half torn dress that was revealing everything from my stomach down. I had underwear on but it was the only thing covering my bottom half. Damarius helped sit me up and I suddenly felt that burning sensation in my back again. I shrieked.

"My back," I muttered as I tried to reach my hand around to touch it. Damarius leaned behind me to see what was bothering me and I could feel the air thicken as the silence took over. He looked at his brother with yellow eyes and said, "You marked her."