Chapter 21

"She's Jason, you know, from Friday the thirteenth," Matt said to the witch as he rejoined us with a plate full of pizza. There had to be more than five slices on it. Jeez, how hungry did he think I was?

"Is this enough?" He asked as he handed it to me. I smiled and took the plate from him.

"Yes, thank you."

The tall woman gave a friendly smile to Matt and laughed. "Oh, right. I used to love those movies."

"Right?! Me too!" He responded with way too much enthusiasm. Or maybe I just didn't like this woman. I looked at her again and wondered if I should say something else regarding our private conversation, but I didn't want to do it in front of Matt. What did she mean what was I? I'm obviously a human! I was almost positive what I saw earlier was from that demon that possessed my mom. I didn't want to bother Damarius with it but now I was starting to get curious. Is that what the woman sensed? Is there something inside of me that other supernatural beings could feel? Fuck it. I was gonna have to talk to Damarius about it ASAP.

"I'll be back," I said to Matt as I handed him the plate of pizza, not giving the woman another glance. I couldn't tell if she was actually a witch or if she was just playing the part, but I'm sure Damarius would know something.

        As soon as I exited the building, a pale-faced vampire was walking towards me, and beside her was a familiar looking werewolf. My parents had arrived.

"Hi honey!" My mom said to me as I studied her outfit. She was wearing a form fitting red dress with fishnet stockings, a black cape with a tall collar, and knee high leather boots. Her makeup was perfected to a T and I was honestly amazed by how attractive she was. I already thought she was beautiful, but wow. 

"Yeah yeah, we get it, she's hot. But what about me?" My dad said as he growled in his mask. "I'm actually scary."

I smiled at him. "You both look great!"

"Thank you," my mom smiled and playfully hit my dad as she asked. "Where's Damarius?"

"Oh, he stepped out here for a bit. I was going to find him. Did you see him anywhere?"

"No, but we weren't looking. I'm sure he'll come inside when he's ready. Does he get nervous around a lot of strangers?" 

"Uh, I don't think so. But just in case, I should probably go find him."

I went to walk past my mom but she gently spun me around and locked arms with me. 

"He will come in when he's ready, honey. Now let's go have some fun!"

                 My dad went over to a group of men that were eating and drinking punch while my mom stayed by my side. She introduced me to every person in the room, except for the tall black woman that I had met earlier. I didn't even get her name. 

"You don't know her?" I asked my mom as I tried to point at the woman discreetly. 

"I've only spoken with her a few times. She doesn't live on our road but she's close friends with Alaina; the woman with the short black hair over there."

"What do you know about her?"

My mom raised her brows. "Not much to be honest. But we can go get to know her. She seems friendly." She grabbed my arm and began pulling me towards her, but I put on all my brakes. My mom turned to me with a questioned look as I planted myself into that spot.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I just remembered I asked Matt to hold my pizza for me. I'm gonna go get that."