7

Dinner was, exciting, to say the least. Food, mostly thrown by Kili flew everywhere. A couple flew dangerously close to Neana's face, which she caught and set back on a big center plate. And it was loud. Really loud. Neana could swear everyone in middle earth could here their laughter, but she didn't mind. She quite enjoyed it.

At first, Fili was scared that his loud and rowdy family would scare off Neana, since she was quiet and sweet. But woah, he was proven wrong tonight. He found out that Neana was actually quite outgoing and cheeky and, well let's be honest, Fili found that extremely attractive. She beat Kili in an arm wrestle. Oh, Fili was never going to let Kili live that down.

After everyone finished eating their meal, they all went into the living room. Fili glanced behind him for Neana, only she wasn't there. He walked back into the dining room and he still couldn't find her. Fili heard laughter in the kitchen and went to go see what the joke was. He stopped in the doorway and saw his mother and Neana, both covered head to toe in soap, laughing like there was no tomorrow.

Fili cleared his throat getting their attention."Mother, what happened here?" His mother pointed a finger at Neana trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably. "This girl, tried to help me clean the dishes."Neana interjected,"I insisted I should help since you let me stay for dinner, so I grabbed the soapy water bucket-","-and I tried to grab it out of her hands, only-","- I slipped and here we are now covered in suds". They both started laughing again. "I'll tell you what Neana,", Dis said,"if you want to help, can you please go get the wine jug from the table please?" Neana smiled and nodded, slipping past Fili into the dining room.

"She's quite clumsy isn't she?",his mother asked. Fili just nodded with a small smile. He was just turning to go when he crashed into Neana, who was walking in. Wine was everywhere. It was on Fili's and Neana's tunic, all over the floor. Some of it even got on the walls! Before any one could do anything, Neana was up with a towel. She wiped everything down. She kept saying,"I'm so sorry.", and no matter how many times Dis said it was fine, she would continue to say it.

After her and Dis wiped down the walls, Dis went to go rinse out the cloths. Fili looked down at his shirt, he should probably go change. He was walking out of the kitchen when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and to his surprise it was Neana, not his mother. He was about to say something when Neana started dabbing his shirt. It took no time at all for Fili to develop a blush. Not knowing what to do he mumbled, "You don't have to do that." She shook her head,"Yes I do. It's my fault, I dumped wine all over your shirt." She was now dabbing just below his chest. He looked down at her. She didn't seem to find this awkward at all. Fili heard some snickers from the doorway. He looked back up and saw Kili standing beside Thorin. Kili could just barely contain his laughter, while Thorin just glanced at Fili with a smirk. Fili's face was surely red now.

Neana stopped cleaning his shirt and nodded affirmingly. She looked up at him,"just wash twice with cold water and it should all come out just fine. Neana's face turned a shade of pink. She just noticed how close their faces were. She busied herself with rinsing out her towel.

Neana looked outside, the rain had stopped. She put on her cloak and boots."Thank you so much for letting me stay." Dis came out from the kitchen,"Don't mention it! Come back anytime", she smiled brightly. "Fili walk her home."Fili reached for his cloak. "No no it's okay I can walk myself it's not that far!" But Dis was already gone, and Fili was ready to go. He smirked,"What? Enjoying the view?" Neana just noticed she had been staring, she shook her head,"No I was just wondering what could possibly be filling that giant head of yours." She smiled wryly, walking out the door. "Cheeky.", as all Fili said as he followed her.

"So?", Fili looked at Neana expectantly. "Uh, so what?"

"Soooo, did you enjoy yourself?" Neana nodded. "It was loud."

"Sorry about that.", Fili winced. "Don't be it was incredible!"

"Wait really?" Neana vigorously nodded," I'm used to dead silence, I loved the noise!"

She started talking about all the things she loved about having dinner with his family, but Fili wasn't listening. He was watching her. The way her entire face lit up when she smiled, how her nose would crinkle at the top when she laughed, or how the moonlight illuminated her fair face.

He was rapidly brought back to reality when Neana slipped on some mud. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards him. This did no help at all. It just made him fall and not her. Fili landed right in the mud, splaying it everywhere. Instead of helping Neana laughed. It was pretty funny, thought Fili, laughing a bit himself before getting up. He wiped off the mud on his cloak, and looked back at Neana. She was still giggling quietly. "What?", asked Fili. She giggled some more before answering. "You got mud on your face and it looks like you have a unibrow!" She laughed even harder, and while her eyes were closed Fili got some mud on his fingers and walked up to her. She opened her eyes just in time to see Fili put his fingers on her left eyebrow, slowly dragging it to the other. "There,", he said,"now we are twins." Neana scoffed, "I'm the more attractive twin." Walking towards her house. "Yes you are.", Fili mumbled under his breath. He thought Neana was out of earshot, but oh how wrong he was.

He jogged to catch up with her and walked with her to the gate, opening it for her.

"Thank you my lord.", she joked bowing. "You are most welcome, my lady.", responded Fili taking her hand and bringing it to his mouth. Kissing her knuckles lightly and rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb before letting it go. She went up to the door and waved at him before going inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neana felt like she was floating. She could still feel his lips on her hand. It was such a simple, common polite gesture, yet she was left all frazzled. She was convinced her face was a lovely shade of tomato when he did that. So she quickly went inside before he could see, but not wanting to be rude she looked back and smiled and waved.

Neana made her way up the stairs feeling light as a feather. She was so deep in thought that she didn't know her father was there until she bumped into him.

"I'm sorry Papa I did not see you there.", apologized Neana, hanging her head."Shat are ya, blind? Stupid girl I've been standing here the whole time!" Neana's head hung even lower if that was possible. "Your mother has got a terrible headache, so keep it down." Neana nodded, then tried to slip past her father. He pushed her back, and glared at her.

"I gave her some medicine. She'll be asleep for awhile. So in the mean time...", he started rubbing Neana's shoulder, pull her closer,"..you and me can have a little fun."

He then grabbed Neana's right wrist, pulling her close to him. Her back was to him. He started slowly rubbing Neana's stomach, moving upwards until he was touching her breasts. Neana resisted, trying to pull her wrist away. But anytime she would, he would only grip harder. She started to cry. She didn't want this. What made it worse was that he was drunk, he smelt like ale.

His hands then slithered down to her abdomen. No. It kept getting lower and lower. It was just about to touch Neana when she threw her head back, hitting her father on the nose. He removed his hand and let go of her wrist to cover his nose as he cried out in pain. He looked at Neana with rage in his eyes. His nose and hands covered in blood, he reached forward with lightning speed and held tight to Neana's throat. She clawed and kicked but it was no use. He had an iron grip and was holding her a foot of the ground. Just when Neana was about to lose consciousness from lack of oxygen, he threw her down the stairs. Neana heard him mumble a string of profanities against her, before she passed out at the bottom of the steps.