19

Neana felt the cold slimy fingers grab a hold of her. She shivered and swore that she would vomit right then and there. They tied her arms behind her back and pushed her to the front of the group. She made eye contact with Fili for a split second before she was shoved up by Ori.

The goblins took them down through the town across rickety old molding bridges. They were pushed and pulled until they were face to face with none other than the Goblin King.

"Who dares come into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?!", he cried. A goblin I front of Neana turned and answered,"Dwarves, your malevolence."

"Dwarves? What business do you have here?" No one answered. Neana kept her head down with her hair covering her face. She hoped he didn't recognize her. "Fine if we can't make them talk, we'll make them squawk! Bring out the bone breaker, start with the youngest!", the goblin king said. Thorin shouted,"No!", and stood in front of Ori.

"My my, look who it is. Thorin Oakensheild, son of Thrain, son of Thror. King Under the Mountain. Oh but wait, you don't have a mountain. So I guess that makes you, nobody really." All the goblins laughed. The pushed Neana over the edge, she broaded her shoulders and lifted her head letting her hair fall from her face. The king recognized her instantly.

"Well, well, well. I guess we should thank you Thorin. You have returned my lovely maiden to me." Thorin was confused,"What?" Chuckling the goblin king order them to bring her up. They grabbed Neana arms and gripped tightly. She flailed and kicked, trying to get away but to only fail. Her eyes fell onto the contraption she had escaped so many years ago. She kicked harder but it was no good. They strapped her arms above her head, and her feet spread and tied to the posts on either side of her.

The Goblin king smiled wickedly,"Welcome back my dear. You've been naughty, sneaking away like that. You must be punished, send word to the pale Orc as well. Tell him I have found his bounties." He waved his hand and two goblins approached Neana and began beating her.

Fili wanted to go and help her, but his hands were tightly held behind him. He watched with horror as they punched her in the mouth, cutting there lip. Fili had to look away when they punched her stomach and she spit up blood. He was even more horrified when they began to touch her as she was shouting no. Just as he saw Neana about to lose consciousness from the blow to her head, when a goblin shrieked and dropped Thorin's sword.

"I know that sword! It has removed the heads of one-thousand goblins! Kill them!" And the fight began. Fili quickly killed the goblins holding him and made his way to Neana. He grabbed his sword and did not hesitate to take down any goblin in his way. In fact he almost struck Dori.

When he reached her, she was hanging with her head down. He cut the ropes and picked her up. She shook her head and stood on her own, grabbed her chain, and joined the fight. "Gandalf!", Kili shouted seeing to grey wizard. Gandalf motioned for them to come over, "This way!" They all ran after him, fighting goblins along the way. Kili knocked down many with a ladder, at any other time Neana would laugh.

They were almost out when the goblin king jumped down in front of them making the already rickety bridge they were on sway even more precariously. "What are you going to do now wizard?", he cackled. Gandalf jabbed his staff into the goblins eye and in the amount of time it takes to blink, Neana had slit his throat and stomach with her chain.

The weight of the overly obese goblin was to much for the bridge and it broke sending the company down to the stony ground. They all landed in a heap of wood. Neana opened her eyes to see Fili was laying on top of her with his head by her head. He sheepishly grinned,"Sorry. Falling, couldn't control where I was going." Neana giggled. But then her eyes saw the goblins king falling towards them. Bofur exclaimed,"That could've been worse.", right before the king fell. The weight of him pushed Fili closer to Neana if at all possible. They were so tuck that Kili had to help them out. He smirked,"Guys, this is not the time for such actions." Neana rolled her eyes,"Just help us out!" Kili laughed and pulled her out from under Fili, who crawled out after.

Thorin moved them along,"Come on quickly!" They ran past the horde of goblins and through a secret tunnel to the outside. Neana breathed in the fresh air and followed Gandalf until he stopped.

"Fili, Kili, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Oin, Gloin, Ori, Nori, Thorin, Neana, Dwalin, and Balin, that makes 14. Wait a moment, where is our burglar? Where is Bilbo?!" Ori spoke out,"I believe I saw him slip away when the goblins first got us." Thorin was aggravated,"I'll tell you where he is. He saw his chance and took it, I can assure you our burglar is long gone." He turned around. "No he's not, he's right here." Everyone turned to see Bilbo coming towards them. Neana ran up to him and hugged him tightly. "How did you get passed the goblins?", Fili asked when he was set down. Gandalf interrupted,"Well what does it matter? He's back." He patted Bilbo on the shoulder. Thorin walked over,"It does matter! Why did you come back?" Bilbo thought for a moment. "Look I know you doubt me, really I kind of doubt myself to. I miss my books. And my chair and my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's my home. And you don't have one. That's why I'm going to help you get it back if I can." Thorin just stared at Bilbo. The moment was ruined when they heard a Warg howl extremely close by.

"Out of the frying pan-", Thorin started, Gandalf finished for him,"-and into the fire. Run!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just like to thank livelifeloud54 for commenting on and praising my story. I'm so sorry I couldn't reply, my comments don't work and it won't let me reply!😡

Anyways thank you so much! It really means a lot to hear that you like my story!😊