34

Kili was heaved onto the dock by Bofur. He coughed water and crawled further back. His head whipped up and he stood up."Where's Neana?!" Bofur pt a hand on his shoulder,"Calm down, it's fine. I fished her out long ago. Fili and Oin are taking her to the mountain. For a proper burial." Kili's face fell at his words. He forgot.

Masking his sadness, he followed Bofur to the bout the other three were in. Fili was cradling Neana like a baby. He moved the hair out of her face and gently stroked her cheek. Kili's heart broke at the sight, he wasn't sure if his brother would be the same after this. They quickly pushed off to avoid the people coming to.

They slowly rowed towards the mountain. Fili not once took his eyes off Neana's face. Once they reached shore, Fili handed her to Kili so he couple get out. Not even a second after he was out he was reaching for Neana again. They followed Oin up the dirt paths to the front gates.

The minute they got there, Dwalin came running with Gloin. They opened the gated and quickly let them in."Neana?", Dwalin asked. The silence answered his question. He took her face in his hands and kissed her temple that was cut from the pot, Gloin did the same. Dwalin led them inside as Gloin corrected the barricade.

They were bombarded by welcoming hugs and looks of relief. Fili stood back and held Neana tightly. He asked Oin where the nearest room was, pointed in the right direction, he took her their.

Thorin just arrived with Balin. He tightly embraced Kili,"Where's Fili?" Kili looked solemn,"He's with Neana." Thorin looked at his nephew seriously,"How is she?" Kili just looked to the ground. Thorin understood instantly,"How's Fili?" This broke Kili, he shook his head and began crying. Thorin quickly embraced him again.

Fili opened the door with his foot and walked into the room. He went forward and gently set Neana on the bed. He moved the hair out of her face and kissed her forehead. He knew he had to go talk to this uncle, though he would rather stay here. He opened the door and took one last glance at her. He smiled, if he didn't know any better, he'd say she was sleeping.

He walked back down the corridor and found his uncle. Without a word, Thorin walked briskly forward and hugged him. Fili couldn't hold the tears, they streamed down his face silently. He saw Kili standing off to the side. He pulled away from Thorin and bagged Kili. As they broke off, they headed to where Bombur had created a miniature feast.

Neana's head was pounding. Her eyes fluttered open to a very unfamiliar room. She sat up, ignoring the dull pain in her head. She looked around confused, where was she? Where's Fili? At this thought she quickly off the bed and went to the door.

It opened silently. Neana cautiously entered the long corridor. She looked to either side and saw no one. She did however hear a slight sound of laughter from her right. She closed the door and walked as quietly as she could. She looked all around her at the halls. She vaguely knew this place, she couldn't put a finger on it, but she knew this place.

The sound of talking grew louder as she got closer and closer to a golden lit room. She peered around the corner. She let out a breath, it was just the company. She stepped into the light and all conversation ceased. All eyes were on her. She felt awkward and looked at the floor. She heard a scuffling sound and looked up just in time to see Fili wrapping his arms around her waist tightly and hugging her closely. Next came Kili. They eventual found themselves kneeling on the floor.

"Um, hi?", she said. Kili gave her a hard stare,"What the hell Neana! Why did you take the arrow?" She didn't know why that mattered but she answered,"You had to keep your promise to Dis." Fili grabbed her shoulders and stared at her hard,"Neana we thought you were dead! You weren't moving at all and you were cold!"

"You didn't think to check my pulse?", she asked nonchalantly. Fili's eyes went wide and Kili's face went red. She looked at them,"Seriously? You didn't check my pulse?" To everyone's surprise, instead of getting angry, Neana began to laugh."Fili you are such an idiot, I promised you I'd stay with you not matter what!" Fili smiled as she kissed him and all the dwarves cheered at them.