32

"Where is he? He's taking forever!", Thorin was pacing back and forth in front of the tunnel. The mountain began to shake and move, it stopped in a moment. Balin stood,"Bilbo must be in danger! We need to help him!" All the dwarves there stood abruptly and were going to walk inside, however, Thorin was in the way. "I will not let you risk your lives for the sake of one hobbit." Balin glared at him and roughly moved by Thorin,"Bilbo. His name is Bilbo."

As if scripted, Bilbo came running through the tunnel and crashed into Balin. "Sorry Balin!" He chuckled,"It's alright lad." Thorin roughly pulled him up,"Did you find it?" "Find what?" Thorin was irritated,"The Arkenstone! Did you find the Arkenstone?!"

Bilbo shook his head and Thorin groaned in irritation. He then ran into the tunnel. Everyone was shouting at him to come back, but he did not acknowledge there pleas. Eventually they all ran in after him.

They all came to a stop when they saw Thorin standing in the room of gold. They cautiously stepped forward as a group, looking and listening for the dragon. When they confirmed he wasn't in the room, Thorin said,"Let's go to the western guard room, that might be a way out." Balin shook his head,"There's no chance that way." Thorin looked at him,"It's our only chance." With no one else arguing, they followed Thorin.

As they were walking down a path, a coin dropped from above them. They looked up to see Smaug crossing above them, unaware of their presence. Thorin motioned them to be silent as they moved forward.

They enter the room, and are horrified to see the corpses of there kin everywhere."Well then, there's no way out.", Dwalin said disappointingly. Balin sighed as he looked at the bodies,"This must have been there last hope. We could head to the mines, we may last a few days." Thorin turned to face them,"I will not die like this. We could split up." Balin shook his head,"Thorin we'll never make it." Thorin pushed him off,"Lead him to the forges. We kill Smaug. If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!"

Bilbo and Balin were now following Thorin."This way!" Suddenly Smaug was upon them,"Run for your lives!" He is about to attack them when Ori and Dori shout to him,"Over here!" Smaug turns to them only for Dwalin to shout at him from a different area. Enraged by being played with, Smaug rears back and unleashes his flames in the halls.

Thorin, Bilbo, and Balin were almost there when a rather angry dragon entered their path."Go with Balin!", Thorin said to Bilbo.