21

Stupid whore! Worthless child! Embarrassment. The words and memories came back to her. All the horrible things she's made herself forget crashed onto her like a ton of carven stone. The things that everyone said were right, she was worthless. She couldn't help Thorin, or anyone in the company. She was just a burden slowing them down. No one wanted her around, not really. She looked down at the sharp rocks below.

Fili moved his way out of the embrace and looked for Neana. He wanted to ask if she was okay, she took quite a beating back there. He watched the group move apart, but Neana was not in there. He looked around and saw her standing by the edge. Thinking she must be looking at Erebor off into the distance, he made his way over to her. He slowed down as he saw her features more clearly. Her eyes were dull, her face solemn.

"Neana? You okay?" Neana jumped slightly. She looked at Fili for a minute, as if trying to remember who he was. Fili noticed that the look on her face a moment ago was gone and was replaced by old happy cheeky Neana. She nodded,"Yes, just looking at Erebor. Beautiful isn't it?" Fili smiled,"Yea." But he wasn't looking at the mountain, he was looking at Neana. The sunset covered her body in golden light. Her hair was blown from her face showing her sparkling eyes. He moved in closer to her and stopped just by her side.

Neana turned towards Fili. She looked into his eyes. How could she be so stupid? Her reason of living was right next to her! Fili had always been there! So had Kili ! And Thorin! She began to cry, Fili of course was troubled at first thinking she was sad. He flinched when she suddenly flung her arms around him, burying her face in his neck. She gripped tighter and whispered,"I love you." Fili's eyes widened and a small smile was on his face. That smile broadened to the biggest smile Fili had ever smiled in his entire life. He tightly held her in a hug and responded,"I love you to." Neana let go of a breath she was holding and smiled as she looked up into his eyes. Fili did not hesitate to grab her face with both hands and bring her lips to his. Neana ran her fingers through his hair and deepened the kiss. They separated to take a breath but their faces stayed close. They looked at each other. Fili picked her up by her waist and spun her around. Laughing Neana asked,"That was some fun burly dwarf turning." Fili shook his head and smiled at her,"Pretty princess twirling."

They heard clapping and shouting and turned to see the whole company pumping their fist and cheering for them. Neana's face went red and shed tried to back away but Fili grabbed her hand and held it tightly. They walked back to the company. Fili received many pats on the back and hair ruffles from everyone. Neana was blushing but smiling. She had never been so happy in her entire life.

They made it to the back of the group to see Kili standing between Dwalin and Gloin with a smirk on his face. He held out his hand to the older dwarves, who annoyingly handed him small pouches of money. Kili walked away, and as he passed Bilbo he said with a smile,"Told you so."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilbo was panting when he reached the company. He had gone to scout ahead and Azog and his orcs. "How far away are they?", Gandalf asked. Bilbo answered,"A couple leagues but no more. But there's someth-" Bofur interrupted,"Did they see you?"

"No, but-" , Bilbo was again interrupted, this time by Gandalf. "What did I tell you? Perfect burglar material." Bilbo stamped his foot,"Would you just listen! I'm trying to tell you there was something else out there! Something big." Gandalf looked thoughtful,"What form did it take? Like a bear?" Bilbo nodded,"Yes, but bigger. Much bigger. How did you know?", Bilbo was curious. Gandalf didn't answer him,"Come!"

The company followed Gandalf to a clearing where they saw a house. They were halfway there when the heard a vicious snarl. They whipping their head around to see a giant bear growling at them. It snorted and began to run towards them. The dwarves reached the doors and it took everyone's strength to open them. The beast was almost upon them when they finally shut the doors. Neana panted hard as she watched the beast walk away through the window. "What was that?", Kili asked out of breath. "That was, our host."

"What?" Gandalf lit his pipe,"His name is Beorn and he his a skin changer. Sometimes he is a strong man, and other times he is a large bear. The bear is ill tempered, but the man can be reasoned with. Now go on get some rest, you'll be safe here tonight.

None of the dwarves seemed to trust Gandalf. Neana did however and left the window and went into an empty room to find a place to sleep. She found a secluded little corner and made herself comfortable. Slowly, the others came in and found themselves a spot and went to sleep. Fili came over to her and asked,"Have room for one more?" Neana giggled and scooted over. He layer down and faced her, putting one arm on her waist and using the other as his pillow.

"Goodnight Fili, I love you." Fili smiled brightly,"Goodnight Neana, I love you." He kissed her once sweetly on the lips, then once again on her forehead. He watched her close her eyes, and he sniping led up close to her. He never wanted to let go.

Neana woke in the middle of the night. From what she was not sure. She tried to sit up, only to have Fili groan in protest and tighten his grip on her. She smiled and waited for his grip to slacken and she slipped out of his arms and went exploring.

She came up to a room that was right next to the room they were sleeping in. The room was lit by the bright moonlight. She saw Bilbo standing by a little bell tray. A bell tray was like a xylophone but more sophisticated. He was tapping the keys, making soft tinkling noises. He jumped when he saw Neana.

"Sorry Neana. Did I wake you?" Neana shook her head,"Do you play?", she asked tilting her head towards the instrument. "Sadly no. Though I really do love the instrument." Neana walked over, then I dedicate this song to you Mister Bilbo. And she began playing, then singing.

"Wandering child of the earth,

Do you know just how much you're worth?

You have walked this path since your birth

You were destined for more.

There are those who'll tell you wrong,

They will try to silence your song,

But right here is where you belong,

So don't search anymore.

You are the dawn of a new day that's waking,

A masterpiece still in the making,

The blue in an ocean of grey.

You are right where you need to be,

Poised to inspire and to succeed,

You'll look back and you'll realize one day.

In your eyes there is doubt,

As you try to figure it out,

But that's not what life is about,

So have faith.

There's a way.

Though the world may try to define you,

It can't take the light that's inside you.

So don't you dare try to hide,

Let your fears fade away.

You are the dawn of a new day that's waking,

A masterpiece still in the making,

The blue in an ocean of grey.

You are right where you need to be,

Poised to inspire and to succeed,

You'll look back and you'll realize one day.

You are the dawn of a new day that's waking,

A masterpiece still in the making,

The blue in a ocean of grey.

You are right where you need to be,

Poised to inspire and to succeed,

Soon you'll finally find your own way.",

Neana played the rest of the music and looked at Bilbo. He was speechless. Neana left him there and went back to Fili, who instantly grabbed ahold of her. Bilbo was stunned as he left the room and went back to his sleeping area. She sang that for him. And it was perfect. Everyone else was thinking the exact same thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song; Wander's Lullaby by Adriana Figueroa