12

Fili was sitting by Kili, of coarse, and by Gandalf. Kili looked excited as he asked,"Did you find her?" Though Gandalf simply nodded, Fili suddenly got extremely nervous. Kili however, was bursting with joy,"Really?! Is she coming?" Gandalf nodded to this also. "When?" To that, he just shrugged. Fili looked around, Thorin was already here, and everyone was going to there seats at the makeshift table they made in the living room of this hobbit named Bilbo's living room. Sighing, Kili and him went off into the corner of the room and waited for Thorin to begin.

A few minutes later, Kili was excitedly talking about how he can't wait to see Neana. "Who's Neana?", asked bilbo as he came out of the other room. Balin smiled,"She's an old friend of Fili and Kili's." Dwalin laughed,"More like partner in crime!" Both dwarves laughed. Bilbo still looked confused. Balin looked at him,"If you want to know about Neana, go ask the weird lookin dwarf brothers over there.", her jerked a thumb in their direction and went back to eating.

Bilbo slowly made his way over and cleared his throat as he sat down,"Erm, uh, excuse me but I was curious, who is Neana?" Kili gave this sort of look to Fili as Fili took a drink from his mug. "Neana...", Kili said,".. is literally from one of the best people I know. Care to explain Fili?", he smirked. Fili glared at him,"She's really funny, and kind and smart. She's very curious, and loves adventure, and yea..", Fili kind of trailed off. Knowing that if he kept talking about her, he would start blushing, Kili knew it to. And just for the sake of messing with high his brother, knowing how much he liked her, described her completely opposite from what she was."Yea her hair is a beautiful short blonde-" "-long slightly wavy brown." "Right, and they deep brown eyes-" "Crystal blue eyes". Kili smirked, "oh and she's extremely cheeky." Fili chuckled,"Extremely." Just as Thorin walked up to the table, there was a soft knock on the door. "That will be her.", Gandalf said with a small smile.

Kili jumped up and ran to the door, quickly followed by Fili, then Bilbo. The door was opened so fast that Neana jumped back, but she was quickly embraced in a big bear hug. "Kili!" , she said hugging him tightly, "I missed you!" "I missed you to!" , he replied pulling away and moving to her side. Fili stood in the doorway with his arm spread open, "What am I? Sliced and diced Warg?" Neana smiled brightly and ran to hug him. After hugging for a moment her picked her up and spun her around. "Still doing the pretty princess twirling I see?", Neana said walking in behind Kili into the threshold. "Like I told you before, it's burly dwarf turning." Rolling her eyes Neana saw Bilbo.

"You must be mister Biggins?" Behind her Kili burst out in laughter, Fili hit him in the back of the head,"You called him mister Boggins." To that Neana started laughing. It felt good to laugh. Turning to Bilbo, she said,"Forgive me if I said your name wrong, mister....?" "Baggins." Neana smiled and nodded. Fili walked up behind her and poked her sides. She gasped and jumped away. Seeing that it was Fili, she hit him in the back of the head giggling. Bilbo cleared his throat, "Miss Neana, if you don't mind, may I ask you something?" Neana nodded,"Of course master Baggins." "Are you together?", he asked, gesturing to the Neana and Fili. The three of them widened their eyes. Kili began laughing so hard that he fell to the floor and had tears in his eyes. Fili felt his face get extremely hot. The same with Neana. They just looked at Bilbo, then to each other. Fili stammered,"No uh we aren't uh, um together." Neana vigorously nodded her head,"Yeah we are not, um uh to uh together." Bilbo just nodded, not seeming to take notice their peculiar behavior. Kili was still laying on the floor, and as Fili and Neana walked by, Neana kicked him gently in the side. Fili smiled as his brother got up quickly to avoid harder kicks.

Neana sat in between the boys as Thorin discussed the plan. Though she wasn't paying much attention. She was busy playing with the little braids on Fili's mustache. "What?" Fili asked, not moving away. "Nothing I just like them.", she said not realizing it, and continued to paw at them with her finger as a cat would a ball of yarn. Kili noticed and tried his hardest to hide his smirk.

"How did you come by this?", Thorin said. Neana looked up and saw Thorin being handed a key by Gandalf. "It was given to me by your father. For safe keeping." Still distracted by Neana's playing with his mustache, Fili said,"If there's a key, there must be a door." As soon as he said that, he felt embarrassed. He was grateful though epwhen Neana just nodded her head in agreement. Kili said with a smile,"There's another way in."

Fili was no longer listening, he had heard it all before, same with Neana and Kili. Neana motioned for both of them to come closer. "I think a joke from me is long overdue." She turned to look at Fili, she had that devilish grin. Durin he missed that. She ducked under the table before either of them could protest. Kili looked at Fili, and he just shrugged. Who knows what she's up to. You could hear her giggling at Bilbo's response to Bofur telling him what a dragon was.

As Bilbo was handed the contract, Neana suddenly appeared behind him. How, Fili did not know, but she did. She was glaring at Bofur. "A moment of intense burning pain, and poof! You're nothing more than a pile of ash!" Neana put a hand on the hobbits shoulder,"Mister Bilbo, are you alright?" He nodded looking up from the contract, turning to the company and shook his head,"Nope.", and he fell to the ground passed out. "Now you've done it..", Fili noticed that she had that grin on her face,"...would any of you mid helping me with him?", she motioned towards Bilbo on the floor. Instantly everyone except Thorin got up to help her, and when the all moved they all fell flat on their face. Fili, Kili and Neana laughed as everyone tried to figure out what has happened. Balin just chuckled and said under his breath, "The Troublesome Trio is back men."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Neana made sure Bilbo was alright in Gandalf's care she went into the den and sat by Fili, who casually put an arm around her. Neana happily leaned in. His arms were as warm and comforting as the fire in the hearth before them. The dwarves begun humming, and it was lulling Neana to sleep. Thorin started to sing,

"Far over, the Misty Mountains cold,

To dungeons deep, and caverns old.

We must away, ere break of day,

To find our long forgotten gold.", all the dwarves, including Fili, started singing with Thorin.

"The pines were roaring, on the height.

The winds were moaning, in the night.

The fire was red, it flaming spread.

The trees like like torches blazed with light." Fili looked down to see a soundly sleeping Neana. He smiled softly as he pushed the stray strands of hair out of her face. He then gently picked her up, and carried her his bed roll.

"Where are you going to sleep?", Kili asked as he carried his bedroll across the room. Fili shrugged, "I'll be fine in the corner." Kili yawned and walked over to the other side of the room and rolled his bed out in the opposite corner. Fili yawned and slipped away into a peaceful sleep.