27

Kili was bored in the silence, so he took the stone from his pocket and began tossing it into the air. "The stone in your hand, what is it?" Kili glanced over and saw a female elf guard had stopped by his cell and was calmly looking at him.

"It's from my mother. She gave it to me so I wouldn't forget my promise." She looked curious, a strange trait for an elf. "What promise?" He looked at the stone and smiled,"That I would come back to her."

He and the elf kept talking. Neana listened with a smile. Once she left, Neana got the attention of Kili. She over exaggerated a wink and made a kissy face. Surprising her, Kili laughed,"You and Fili were just doing the exact same thing at the exact same time!" She heard Fili laugh, and she laughed, then everyone joined in.

"Well you all seem to be having a merry time, so I guess that means I don't have to let you out?" Neana ran to the bars,"Bilbo!" He smiled and walked to her with the keys. He let each of them out. Within 2 seconds of being let out he was hugging Neana from behind, his arms around her waist. She patted his hands,"Fili, mows not the time for pretty princess twirling we've got to go." Fili smiled against her neck. Cheeky.

They followed Bilbo down several stairs. "Where are you taking us lad? You're supposed to be leading us out not in!", Bofur shouted. "Just trust me!" They stopped in a wine cellar. Bilbo motioned to 14 empty barrels,"Get in." They looked at him like he was joking. "Are you mad? They'll see us!", Bofur noted. Bilbo looked frantic,"No they won't! Please just trust me!" Neana didn't need to be told a third time. She pushed her way through the company, walked past Bilbo and climbed into a barrel. Everyone else quickly followed suit.

"Now what?" Bilbo stood by a lever,"Hold your breath." Before anyone could question him, Bilbo pulled the lever and they were falling through the floor.

Neana submerged coughing. She looked back just in time to see Bilbo being pulled into a barrel.

They just got past some rapids when an Orc spear dug it's head into Thorin's barrel. Just then a Warg jumped out. Only to be impaled by Thorin with the Orc spear. They were surrounded by orcs. Each dwarf grabbed whatever Orc weapon was in reach and fought them off. Arrows were suddenly flying everywhere and killing orcs left and right.

Blondie came out from the trees and jumped on Dwalin and Gloins head, killing orcs with his bow. Neana heard some Elvish and turned to where it came from. There were guards up ahead and they were closing the water gate. The barrels bumped into the gate and stopped. The guards were killed by the blade of an Orc, and that Orc got an arrow between the eyes.

They had to do something and fast. Neana was trying to come up with something when she saw Kili climbing out of his barrel and running up the stairs. She understood. She also climbed out and ran up next to him, grabbing the dead orcs sword. He was reaching for the lever when Neana saw the arrow pointed towards Kili. In a split second she pushed him off the gate, lading him in a barrel. She looked up just in time to see the arrow pierce the right side of her lower abdomen.

She heard someone calling her name and she fought tears. This stung more than any regular arrow. Ignoring the pain she pulled the lever and the gate opened. Kili and Fili held onto an empty barrel and called out to her to jump. She stumbled forward and jumped into the barrel, snapping off some of the arrow in the process. Gritting her teeth they floated onwards, down a small waterfall. She looked back and saw that the elves had killed every Orc and was watching them float away. She smirked, in a way, Blondie helped us out.

When her barrel hit shore she cried out in pain clutching her side. She crawled out and saw everyone was on the other side of beach. Getting to her feet shakily, she shuffled over.

"Neana!" Fili ran to her and helped her lay back on a rock. Oin came by her side,"We need to take it out lass." She nodded and braced herself. Fili held down her shoulders as Oin lifted her shirt off her stomach. He gently gripped the end, and pulled it out hard. She grimaced but didn't scream.

Thorin looked over,"We need to keep going." Fili replied,"She needs binding!" Thorin was looking irritated but his face softened when he saw Neana's wound. "You have 2 minutes."

Neana stood with Fili's help. Oin had made a small pad out of cloth and wrapped her waist with the last bandage he had left. She have him her thanks, she walked over to where she saw Balin speaking to a boatman. She arrived just in mid-conversation.

"Aye, for that you'll need a smuggler." She stopped in her tracks. She knew that voice. She tore herself from Fili's grasp and walked straight up to the man in question. She recognized him instantly, as he recognized her. She reached up and gave him a slap so hard that the sound echoed through the mountains.

Fili and Kili hurried forward and held Neana down so she couldn't slap him again. Balin stepped forward,"I am so sorry! I don't know what's gotten into her!" The man raised up his hand,"No it's alright, I deserve it." Neana strained against the brothers grip,"Damn right you do!" "What do you mean?", Fili asked looking from Neana to the man. He fit the puzzle pieces together. He was walking forward when Dwalin grabbed him and held him firmly,"You!? It was you! You sold Neana out!" All the dwarves looked to the man.

"Yes. I am the man who sold her out. And I live in regret everyday because of it." Neana tore herself from Kili but stayed put,"Bullshit." That didn't phase the man,"I'll give you a ride. No charge." Nobody turned down that offer.