Money... That's what I want.

Beth stole through to the mustard yellow kitchen...with her mother clattering about upstairs getting herself ready to be on time for her own work day, Beth had a few fleeting seconds to grab a few pound from the Quality Street tin. The chocolates were all long gone, it sat forlorn and rusting slightly around the lid, way in the back of the larder.

What harm could it do anyway.

The money was supposedly for a nice holiday or rainy day or some other such silly nonsense.

They had never ever been on holiday.

No, not once in all Beth's thirteen years had her mother entered a travel agency, snipped advertising for destinations from the newspaper or even borrowed a book from the library to ready themselves for a trip.... 

That money was going to fester in that chocolate tin til time itself ended, Beth surmised.

....So she took it upon herself to rescue the savings, to dip into her mother's silly daydreams and use it for much more important endeavours.

"Are you ready" Jackie bounced down the stairs full of vim and new found energy. This was the start of something good, and she could feel in her bones that her and Beth would be much better off now she was a secretary at the modelling agency.

" Do you need any money for that field trip yet, it's this month isn't it?" Jackie picked up her diary and scanned the pages checking her appointments for the weeks ahead while waiting for Beth's response. Beth was too busy to answer it seemed,  peering into the bottom of her glass of milk  "Beth! Trip? Hope you don't go off and dream with the fairies in classes. Your grades will suffer"

"Yes mother....sorry mother" Her eyes weren't focused on the normal mornings ritual. Watching her mother flutter and clean around the ugly kitchen being one of them.... Beth sat back and placed her glass on the table in front of her, four rings of milk, mess from the bottom of her glass, seemed to accidentally create interlocking circles reminiscent of the Olympic Rings. The games had been in and out of the newspapers for the past months. Ring five was positioned as Jackie ate her piece of toast by the sink. Beth traced the image and remembered she was supposed to answer..  "Alright here you go mother... ready? Right. 1. I don't need money for the trip til next week. 2.Why are you such a drag. And 3. School is so bland and boring I don't care for it"

"How do you expect to live in a world without money... you need good grades at school to gain a decent job"

Beth shrugged nonplussed with the notion of growing up and needing an education or even having to get a job "Rich husband, rich musician i suppose"

"Those are dreams you have at night Bethany.. They aren't real. They don't happen in real life.  Hard honest work and-"

"Golly look at the time. Better dash or Katie will think I've got the flu"

Jackie gave up, this was a normal morning of theirs and she wasn't too bothered, Beth was only thirteen for goodness sake. She grinned as Beth remembered to tack a kiss on her cheek before bolting out the door, Jackie watched her run off down their little hallway with all the energy of a jackrabbit "Beth!" The front door had already open, a blast of cool air swept through the flat."Beth"

"What?!!!?" Freedom beckoned and Katie cartwheeled her arm from her spot by the gate for Beth to hurry up. Beth grimaced waiting for the lecture that was sure to come.... 'your schooling suffers, be polite, don't talk to strangers, blah blah blah'. It was dead boring all the garbage her mother prattled on with daily. Mother should just go-

"Love you" Jackie called from the doorway and walked back toward the kitchen sink, cups and saucers instantly began jostling in the suds in the harried morning wash up.

"Love you too mother"

The front door slammed, it's weight and well oiled hinge, assisting to send reverberating shudders throughout the walls of their tiny two up two down flat. 

Drying her hands Jackie put the cups away, dropped cutlery in their place and sat the glass beside the cake tin, ready for Beth's afternoon tea. Turning about, scanning the room she was quite satisfied with the lightening clean-up she had managed.. she followed somewhat belatedly after her daughter.

"That girl" Jackie sighed. With the mail scattered across the polished timber floor from Beth's hasty exit Jackie made a quick grab for the envelopes tucking them in her bag to read perhaps in the lunch hour. She could see the majority were bills, forever bills... not a day would go by without a friendly reminder or two or even three joining the queue for her wages.

She was lucky in a sense though, she had a gorgeous thoroughly stubborn daughter.

And in this day and age they were both classed as misfits.
An anomaly of British proper etiquette of what family should be, what a mother was and wasn't and where a child of disputable heritage and lack of marital ceremony was shunned and displaced.

Being born in the north in a tiny house nestled on a wealthy landowners estate Beth was hidden. Jacqueline remained  secluded away to struggle almost alone with the mantle of shame- an unwed pregnant teenager.

Being pregnant and a baby herself Jacqueline, with her father's blessing, kept her baby daughter and didn't have to hand her in as ward of the state like so many other young girls in the same predicament were made to do.

The conception of young Beth wasn't made out of love and  twas a lonely burden to bear and was hard for a widower to give his teenage daughter the support that only a mother would know what to give.. what to ply a daughter with. But they did it, her father working the the fields from sun-up to sundown and Jacqueline sewing, washing and  ironing, keeping house like she had since her mother passed three years prior.... all while her belly swelled.

Jackie glanced at her watch, half eight, she would be on time if she hurried.

A/N: Hi there everyone! I couldn't wait~ I uploaded.... It's like a drug this writing and holding a few chapters in your claw .. its worse than an itch needing to be scratched!

This is a story about Jacqueline not Beth really. We meet Jackie here and see she is a mum, a single mum who has a slightly wayward 13yo Beatles obsessed daughter.

I want to make this story sexy... maybe not smutty. Would you like sexy times?? If you say smutty I might be a little frightened! Haha, Let me know! I need to know!

Tracy  (this itch that needed scratching has lessened slightly!)