Waiting For This Moment To Arise

"Well there's nothing else for it. We have the whole afternoon free, we just have to play! So I say....." Pattie spun on the spot and grasped Jackie to include her into the spinning top of a dance."Let's play dress up!"

One of the photographers for the Smith Crisps advertising campaign had called in sick a little after Jacqueline and Pattie had eaten a light lunch. They sat chatting easily, sharing a salad sandwich. 'So I'm not too fat for the shoot' was Pattie's reasoning to the division of the sandwich.
Jackie knew it was only half the reason, the other half was that Jackie never ever brought lunch nor ate take away from the chippy up the street and didnt join the team after work for a roast across the road at the Alfred.

It wasn't that she was a snob, it was because she was a mother with a teenage daughter with a food consumption rate currently in the tons it seemed. Beth always seemed to be wanting seconds or even occasionally thirds of vegetables at dinnertime, sweet treats or wanting a few shillings here and there so she could go have a chippy lunch with Kate on the weekend.
Jackie didn't mind she wanted her daughter happy and underneath, if she did have to say a firm no, Beth understood in the main, what it meant.
It meant they were skint for remainder of the week.

"You dress up every day Pattie...."

"Arrr but it's not the usual is it"

"Um yes... It is the usual Pats"

"Oh no it isn't! You my dearest are the model this afternoon. I'm going to be the assistant! Anything goes!! Boss me around! Watch!..." Pattie rolled her eyes making Jacqueline snort a laugh out "Seee! I can do a perfect version of you!"

"I do not roll my eyes at you"

" Oh pllllleassse. When I ask you to find a shoe I kicked off seconds before or when you have to fetch a new glass of water because the one I have is too hot or cold. I'm a spoilt child when it comes to you missy" Pattie spun once more and wandered over to the racks stuffed to overflow with clothing "You're not my mother, but you are, you know. You have that quality Jackie. You make me want to hug you when I'm sad and have you tell me off when I'm being too pig headed"

"You're never pig-headed Pattie, a little head strong but you're ever so sweet and warm and I don't think I have smiled more than I do when I'm in your company" Jackie felt the array of materials as her fingers slipped over the many blouses and dresses that sat waiting for Pattie to wear. Pattie sidled up beside Jackie and they had a cuddle, wiggling them both in harmony. The quiet sweet moment didn't last long.

"The black set will look great on you, the boots from the Vogue shoot and you can use those stockings there on the table. I wore them for like two minutes yesterday remember" Pattie flung the shiny black Saint Laurent jacket, a matching blouse with frilled cuffs and leather mini skirt that was way too short over the concertina wall then proceeded to slap the floppy black hat from the hat rack on Jackie's head with a musical laugh. With a tug the earrings popped off the earring stand, Pattie then dropped them beside the basket of eyeshadow on the make-up table.

Jackie was laughing quietly as she padded along after the infectiously wonderful girl that was Pattie Boyd. Pattie turned about, a lost look on her face, tapping her lip. She was ticking things off, Pats eyes strolled over the clothes she had fetched and she grinned as her eyes settled on the hat perched on Jackie's head. Snickering, she raced over and grabbed the chunky belt off the back of the door and without as much as a 'boo' looped it gently around Jackie's neck.

Jackie was neither impressed or repulsed, it would be kinda fun to dress-up. Fun to see Pattie look after her for once, so Jacqueline followed Pattie like an obedient puppy to the concertina wall.