Fri -YAY

"Race you to the corner" Kate yelled over her shoulder, she wasn't bothered about the race being fair. Beth was stooped over her satchel trying to find the history textbook Kate had requested to borrow over the weekend.

"Hey wait! You wanted this!"

"Yea, so I could beat you to the corner silly!" Katie leaned against the lamppost watching Beth watch her, history book flopping about in her hand as she jiggled it for attention "Come on it's Fri-YAY remember! I've got to go home and get gorgeous for George"

"You're already gorgeous"

"So are you"

"No, I'm not"

"Beth come on, you're hot"

"Hot like mums stew, mush and dumplings ugh"

"It's just baby pudding luv"

"Now you sound like my mum"

"Your mums right, you know. You are her all over girl, just you wait and see"

"Dumplings I am" Beth pinched both sides of her waist and pulled a little extra 'dumpling' outward. It wasn't all that much but it was a cite more than Katie's thin frame and even her mothers and of course, there is the elfin Pattie Boyd that now flutters in, to compare with as well.

"John likes dumplings, I bet" Kate pulled Beth's hands away from her friend's side. She was just going through that awful stage in a girls life. The one where you grow in leaps and bounds and stutters and clunks. The pudding or dumpling or whatever she called it would all move about in it's own time.

"Yummmmmy" Beth covered her mouth in glee at what she had uttered, it was so naughty and funny at the same time!

Giggles erupted from them both as they took off toward Beth's. Skipping, making sometimes silly, sometimes naughty faces at the older occupants of house number's twenty-six through to thirty-nine. Laughing and grinning wildly just thinking of John and George eating stew and sitting all over the furniture again, it was too much, all too much... wonderful in fact.

"Heaven" Beth hugged herself as they scooted past two ladies chatting over a gummy baby in a pram "Today is like heaven" She smiled and spun on the spot, Katie pushed her as she spun and Beth nearly fell. Luckily Kate caught her arm.

"Today is like... I'll get some of George on my fingertips"

"You know Pattie is still coming don't you"

"Now why'd ya have to remind me that for! Course I know she's coming. But she can't hog him, and if I sit on one side, her on the other, it will be fine.. more than fine- ideal"

"Did you want this or not?" Beth held the history book out again as they stopped on the footpath outside of her house. She noticed the light on in her mum's room upstairs "Mum will be getting dolled up, she never gets dolled up but I told her it's The Beatles!!" Katie squealed as Beth admonished "Shush Kate." Beth continued now in a whispered "I said, if the Beatles are coming to dinner, she had to get looking like a member of society not a member of a funeral procession"

"You did not"

"Did too!"

"You so did not Beth"

"Alright I said wear something nice" Sticking out her tongue, Katie took a swipe and was left with slippery fingers and no tongue.

"Ugh! Beth! Yuck! I'm going. See you later, dumpling!"

"Hey!" The book was dropped and Beth chased after Katie til she got to the red letterbox just around the corner, then gave up and turned about to head for home and her mother's funeral procession. She giggled a little at her funny joke.