Devil in Her Heart

"Just let me talk to George will you" Pattie slipped out from behind the concertina makeshift wall in 'their' corner of the warehouse and strolled off toward the full length mirror leaning against the side wall "He'll sort the others"

"I don't want you and your boyfriend getting in the middle of this Miss Boyd" Jackie stood behind the younger girl and flattened her peter pan collar and took a stray piece of cotton off the navy material.

Pattie drew her chin up, making evil eyes in the mirror and began smirking happily at Jacqueline then her acting kicked in- she pouted " What did I tell you!"

"Don't call you Miss Boyd?"

"And what did you call me Again!"

"Miss Boyd" Jackie grinned back with a naughty playful grin of her own "I called you Miss Boyd, Miss Boyd. Apologies for my indiscretion again Miss Boyd!"

Pattie whirled around and began play fighting with Jackie. They were getting on fabulously well and Jackie grinned happily as Pattie squeezed Jacqueline in a gently headlock "You know I could rip your noggin off right about now don't you"

"Yes, cough cough, yes.. poor Mister Harrison- does he get manhandled like this?" Jackie squeaked out from under Patties arm.

"No silly only naughty assistants do! Now come on stop dilly dallying and help me find my eyes!"

With steady hand and ease Jackie found Patties eyes lacing them with dark shadow, mascara and dark pencil, smudging the edges she stood back for Pattie to check her reflection in the hand mirror in her lap. "I'll write a letter to that manager fellow ...Epstein, right?"

"Just let me introduce you to George! Gee he's not going to bite your head off, you know"

"I know. It's... you know. Embarrassing. Your new assistant coming up and harping on about her kid.... I'll sort something"

"You could just slip in you know"

"Slip in where?"

"Arrrr derr Abbey Road studios, I walk in all the time-" Pattie sprayed some perfume on and checked her teeth for bits of her breakfast. Jacqueline rolled her eyes..

"Pattie look in the mirror and tell me what you see"

"Freckles- more foundation please"

"No you sausage, you see George Harrison's model girlfriend"

"Hate to disappoint you but.. I just see me"

"Arghhhh! Pattie. Leave it"

"You're so tense Jack. Come out to the club tonight" Pattie stood and nodded toward Gary the photographer who sat rolling film on his camera while trying not to look like he was looking at Jackie. "Gary has it sooo bad for you girl"

"You're deluded he's looking at his star model" Crossing her arms with a defensive sigh, Jackie unintentionally caught Gary's eye as he meandered over to them so she turned around and proceeded to recap all the makeup she had just finished using.

"Watch out, here lover boy comes" Pattie leaned back a tad and whispered with gay abandon, she was always so sweet- sometimes people forgot she was a schemer of the most loveliest kind.

"Shsssssssh" Jackie hissed ever so quietly under her breath as Gary placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her about to face him. Jackie attempted to drop her slightly pained smile and channeled an 'innocent Pattie' look to her features instead, hoping the poor photographer wouldn't see her bothered at Pattie's incessant teasing. Yes incessant, every week they would see Gary, and Pattie loved to inflict her new assistant with the same teasing about him 'lover boy'.

"Shussh what?" He was pretty good looking if you liked balding guys. Too young to have that unfortunate issue Gary had taken it upon himself to just shave the lot off. Tall and lean, he towered over Jackie and Pattie as they smiled innocently back at him "No secrets on the set, ladies" Oh that was a nice grin, he didn't grin so wide usually more a quick 'draw of the lips and disappear' grin was his way.

Pattie grinned as evilly as Pattie could grin evilly... her nose upturned and lips pulled but still she looked like Tinkerbell or some other pretty fairy. "Oh was just saying to Jackie-"

"What are the next outfits needed for the shoot?" Jackie felt a little rude but anything to save herself the embarrassment of whatever would spurt from Patties too innocent yet devious pretty pale pink lips.

"Oh right. Can you have the pink set and the polka dot dress at the ready. And I'd like a lighter look for the summer set, so no dark eyes"

"Sure. Is this makeup intense enough for the first session?" It was quite daunting all this- thrown into the deep end, suddenly makeup artist, dresser, assistant to the overnight sensation that was Pattie Boyd but they had hit it off in the lunch-room weeks ago and the head of the agency had fashioned a plan to get the two women working together. They just clicked and it was a dream for Jackie, a few more pounds would help the budget and her hours were spread through school times and a scarce few nights.

"Perfect darlin"

And their day carried on. Outfit changes, makeup removed and re applied, crisp packets spewn about for Pattie to pretend she loved crisps. Ponds cold cream smeared all over for a few promo shots for an upcoming television advertisement spot. More makeup but this time the makeup was the commercial.

"Take that" Pattie shoved three eye-shadows and a lipstick at Jacqueline. "I don't want it. I got a bucket of the rubbish when I signed the contract. Watch the lippy it fell out of the canister on mine first time I used it"

"I can't take that. That's stealing!"

"Did you, or I, touch it pretending to get it ready for that commercial missy?!"

"I opened the eye-shadow and handed you the applicator...." Jackie pushed the few items across the table toward Pattie "You touched the lipstick to your bottom lip for the picture"

"Well it's rubbish now isn't it." Pattie held it over the bin, ready to dump the almost new containers of makeup in "It gets binned if you don't take it.. what a waste that is Jacqueline, an absolute waste of pounds and pounds of makeup" Pattie grinned and moved away from the bin, stalking with a grin toward Jackie as Jackie walked backwards to escape..... "Now ....Jackie dear, be a good ducky.... And shove it in that bloody purse of yours!"

"Pattie no!"

"Jackie yes! I'll sack you" Pattie pouted and clicked her teeth with her tongue, her eyes roaming all over Jackie and her big black purse, where everything of both Jackie's and Patties ended up at the end of the day anyway. Jackie ending most days by dragging the contents into the agency and dumping it on their little counter and going through and sorting it all, ready for another photo shoot.

"You wouldn't dare"

"No I wouldn't but it was fun saying it"

"You're a devil in the guise of an angel"

Pattie laughed and launched, flinging everything in beside the binder folder of paperwork and samples of fabric for the new Vogue sewing patterns advertising program. Which, by the way, had them or Pattie at least, choosing the pattern and fabric to be run up in the back room of the agency by one of the employed seamstresses.

"And you my dear... are a girl with new makeup in her purse... Now zip up the bag so it doesn't all fall out!"

 Now zip up the bag so it doesn't all fall out!"