Chapter 18- Surprise!

Surprise!

Two months since I began this journey with Draco had passed. Draco and I had been officially 'dating' for about a month. In about one week we would be in Australia. There had been no signs of Deatheaters since our last encounter. We'd moved rather smoothly through China and were now hopping the islands of Indonesia. It was warm there, south of the boarder. And I couldn't be happier. For the first time in a long time everything seemed to be going right. Draco and I felt so good together that I simply threw what I remembered about him out the door. I didn't think about what would happen when I found my parents and we went back to England. It never crossed my mind how I would explain to everyone why I'd left with Draco Malfoy for two months and come back with his arm around my waist and his promise ring on my finger. I'd tossed it all aside to worry about later. But later was coming, and sooner than I'd thought.

"Draco stop! It's freezing!" I yelled as another splash of water smacked my tee shirt.

"Just get in!" He hollered back.

I stood bare foot on the beach in my shorts and tee shirt just in front of the water. Draco was knee deep in the sea and trying to convince me to come in.

I shook my head and giggled as a wave crashed in and knocked him over. He stood up quickly and scowled at the water which made me laugh harder. Smiling he looked back at me again. I sucked in my breath as my eyes scanned his white shirt that now clung to his skin and showed off his sculpted chest and hard stomach. His hair fell down in his face in that perfect way that I knew he hated.

Smirking, he tiptoed out of the water and towards me. I watched him carefully as he made his way slowly towards me, his eyes locked on mine the whole while. He was about a metre away when he shot out his arms and ran at me.

I had no time to react before he grabbed me around the wast and threw me over his shoulder.

"No!" I screeched as he ran back into the water.

Then he must have tripped because we both went tumbling down in the cold salty sea. He landed on top of me laughing and both of us now soaked. I shivered not just from the chill, but from the feeling of his leg touching mine and his laughing face above me.

He rolled off as another wave crashed onto us and he held out his hand to help me up. I took it thankfully and stood up. He curled his fingers between mine and rubbed his smooth thumb on the back of my hand. The sea foam tickled our bare legs and I took his other hand too.

He stared into my eyes making me get lost in his beautiful grey ones. I realized something in that moment that terrified me. Did I love Draco Malfoy? Did I love Draco Malfoy?! Can you go from hating someone to loving someone? I felt like I could spend the rest of my life with Draco and never feel differently. Was that love? I felt like I could be trapped forever with just Draco and never wish I was with someone else. Is that what love felt like? I felt like I would do anything for Draco and never regret it. Was I in love?

I shook the thought from my mind. It scared me too much to think about it. Love or not, the emotion I felt was the most powerful thing that ever passed through me. I never felt it with Krum or Cormac or even Ron. It was so powerful.

Draco pushed his chest on mine and bent his head so that our lips were almost touching and I could taste his breath in my mouth. I tried to calm my breathing. How many times had I done this, and I was still nervous every time we kissed.

I thought about our first time on the bridge in Germany. I thought about how his lips were so soft I almost couldn't tell if they were lips at all. But every time he kissed me after was just as good if not better. He was so passionate about the way he moved his mouth and tongue it made my head spin and my knees buckle every time.