Chapter 22- Girl Time

Girl Time

My mother, Henrietta, and I sat down at a table in a diner a few miles from their home. It was my mother's idea that we go out for lunch and have some 'girl time'. So in other words; force Henrietta and me to like each other. I didn't mind, however. Henrietta was the one being the stick in the mud. Even after finding out that I was her sister she still wanted nothing to do with me. I, for one, was overjoyed at the thought of having a sibling. I was always so jealous of the girls at school who got to have sisters. They're like a built in best friend. And friends was something didn't have much of at the time.

And, as an added bonus, I got to spend time with my mother at last. Everyone else had stayed back at the house, although, I had heard Ginny mention to Harry that she wanted to do some shopping now that they finally had some free time so Ron would probably go because they were friends, Analiza would probably tag along whether anyone wanted her to or not, and Draco would probably sulk behind them, just to get away from my father.

I chuckled quietly to myself while looking at the menu and thinking of what Draco had told me earlier this morning.

I was walking down the hall and toward the kitchen where I could hear quiet chatter and the tinkle of silverware on silverware. My mother had called us to breakfast about ten minutes ago, which had woken both Ginny and I. (We had to practically slap Analiza awake.) Then it was a mad dash to the bathroom between Analiza and Ginny who both wanted to use the loo and freshen themselves up a bit by combing their hair and brushing their teeth. Of coarse I wanted to do this as well, but I knew better than to get in the way of either of them. So, needless to say, I was the last one in the bathroom and the last one to breakfast. I was glad things were so normal though.

As I was walking past the living area a hand shot out and grabbed me by the arm and pulled me in. I let out a squeal that was quickly muffled by Draco's spidery hand over my mouth. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized it was just him and he dropped his hand from my mouth.

"Don't do that!" I whispered, slapping his arm playfully. However, I stopped smiling when I saw how serious and frightened he look. "What's wrong?" I asked, slightly worried.

"Your father." He said, fixing me with his stormy eyes. "He's bloody freaking me out."

The corners of my lips curled up again, and I was sure I knew where this was going. "What's he doing?"

"He won't stop staring at me!" His eyes widened like he was trying to make me see how serious this was. "And I thought Weasley was bad!" He ran a hand through his angle hair and frowned when I couldn't help but snicker. "Hermione, it's not funny! I think he might kill me! I don't know what I did!"

"It's okay." I said, taking his hands. "That's just what fathers do. Didn't any of your ex-girlfriends' fathers do that to you?"

"No." He said, but looking a little relieved. "Most of those were set up between my mother and the girl's parents. So, you know, they already approved."

I rolled my eyes. "Just try to make friends with my father and everything will be alright. And I won't let him kill you." I added, smirking. "Now let's go get some breakfast."

He nodded but still looked like he was about to face his death. And his facial expression only made me laugh. I stood on my toes and gave him a quick kiss and then shimmied past him. But before I could get too far I felt his hand wrap around my arm again. He pulled me back in front of him and trapped me between him and the wall.

"I better get a better kiss for good luck than that!" He said, grabbing my waist and leaving literately no room in between us. "You just told me to befriend your father."