Chapter 19- Like Family

Like Family

"Stop it, Ronald!" I shrieked for the hundredth time. "You are acting like a child!"

Draco had made the mistake of giving me a peck on my forehead before leaving for his own room that night, although, I have my suspicions that he intentionally did it in front of Ron. Ron had flew out of his chair and smacked Draco with a couple curses before Harry could disarm him and calm him down a bit. He'd been surprisingly calm while everyone conversed, but he was letting his fury fly now. Thankfully, Draco had escaped with only a coupled bruises and was now safely in his room.

"I can't let him touch you like that!" He yelled back.

I was afraid we'd get kicked out of the hotel so I put a silencing charm on the room because I knew there was going to be more yelling.

"I decide how he touches me! Not you!" I felt uncomfortable saying those words, but I had to make Ron realize that he didn't have control over me.

"So now you don't care what I think?!"

Harry and Ginny looked uneasily between us and I think Analiza was deciding whether or not to defend me.

"Of coarse I do!" I said.

"No you don't!" He bawled his fists, but I wasn't worried for myself. I knew he would never hurt me. It was Draco I was worried about. "If you cared you would have told us where you were going! You would have told us before you left! You would have told us about Malfoy and his information and sneaky ways! You would have told us, Hermione. You would have told me." His voice faltered.

It grew scary quiet as we glowered at each other. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ginny grab Harry's hand and Analiza start to nibble her nails. I could feel myself go red in the face and I started shaking in fury.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you would act just like this." I said between clenched teeth.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Ron asked sincerely. "Or were you going to keep me in the dark? Was I ever going to know that you had gone to find your parents and about you and Malfoy and about the Deatheaters?" His voice was hoarse like he was holding back tears.

I felt them start to crawl out of my eyes too. Had I planned on telling Ron? I knew he would eventually find out, mostly because Analiza can't keep her mouth shut, but did I ever actually plan on telling him?

"Ron," I whispered, but he didn't give me time to finish.

He pushed past me hurriedly and slammed the door behind him. I sprang into tears and plopped down on the bed next to Analiza with my face in my hands. Harry stood and headed to the door.

"I'll make sure he doesn't do anything foolish." He said.

Ginny rubbed my back as I cried. I was so angry at Ron! Why couldn't he get it?

"It's okay." Ginny said. "He'll come 'round."

I hoped so.

"Let's do something to get your mind off it." Analiza suggested.

I nodded. "Like what?"

"Do you have any cards?"

"So, what are you going to do when you find your parents?" Ginny said slapping down a card on the deck and picking up two more. She obviously knew what she was doing, but none of the rest of us did. Apparently it was a game from her childhood, so Harry, Analiza, and I, growing up with mostly muggles, had never heard of it.

I'd wiped the tears from my eyes about twenty minutes ago and Harry had come back from making sure Ron was in his own room and calm.

"Well," I put down a card and hesitated before taking another and then giving one to Harry. "I'm going to restore their memories, obviously."