Chapter 6: Visiting Cupid

"Cupid!" I yelled. I knocked on her door. She opened the door and wiped off the tears on her face.

"Hello Raven, come in," Cupid said smiling to hide away the sadness. She had a pastel pink box of tissues and a cuddly teddy bear on her bed.

We both sat on couch. It was the color of cotton candy with swirls of gold and hearts on it.

"I came to check if you were ok," I said.

"Oh, yes, I was just sad because the party was um, over," she said sheepishly.

"Look, Cupid I know you like Dexter."

"How did you know?" She asked.

"Well, I did see the collage you made for him,"I said.

"Oh, you don't have to worry, my task is to make sure that everyone gets to be with their admirers, even if it means that I don't get mine," she said sadly.

"Look Cupid I could make you happy by breaking up with him."

"No. Then, you guys won't be happy," she said.

I looked down at the floor. Cupid stood up.

"Would you like a caramel hocus latte?" she asked. "It's a Greek recipe."

I love caramel so I couldn't say no.

She bought it to me. It had whipped cream and caramel drizzled on top.

"Where's Blondie?" I asked.

"Oh I think she's interviewing Briar."

"Oh, well I have to get going," I said.

She waved as I left. I went to my dorm, which was a couple of doors to the right. I went inside. Apple was taking off her make up.

"Hey Apple," I said sheepishly.

No response.

"Oh, you know," I said.

She sighed.

"Come on Apple, Ashlynn and Hunter are doing the same."

"Yes, but it doesn't mean it's OKAY to do it. He's a royal and you're a rebel," she said worriedly.

"Well I am a royal technically, I am a princess Apple," I said.

"No Raven, you're a rebel, royals get their happily ever afters, rebels don't, well a few, but they're supposed to be evil," she said.

"I will get my happily ever after. Remember Legacy Day."

"Well that day didn't count, we are having another one and you WILL sign. Remember, you will get hexpelled if you dont sign!" She yelled. Her eye was a bit red.

She sighed. Her face softened. "Look, I care about you, you're my friend."

"Apple, I feel like you're only my "friend" because you want me to sign the book. And can't you see, I really like Dexter," I said. "As a true friend, you would see that."

"Fine, I guess I could see why you like him. Although, I find Daring cuter." She giggled.

I giggled along with her.

"Why don't you guys go out then?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"That's destiny. We have forever after to be together. I've also seen him laying his eyes on Lizzie, "she said.

"Whoa, Daring likes Lizzie." I gasped.

"Of course not! His destiny is to be with me and he knows that!" she yelled.

"Okay! Okay! You don't have to get mad," I said.

"I'm not, it's just that I want everyone to follow their destiny. Falling in love with someone that doesn't go in your script is a threat," she said calmly.

                                       ************************************************

Dexter was right in front of Daring's dorm. He knocked on the door.

"Hold on, let me do a quick check-aroo in the mirror," he said, while posing in the mirror.

"Uh, Daring it's me, Dexter."

"The handsome Daring is not beautifully here right now, please leave a charming message after the beep. BEEP," Daring said.

"Daring, I know you're there."

"Well, then I do not wish to speak with you," he said.

"Please Daring, I appologize but, it's love."

"Humph."

"Please open," he pleaded.

"Fine, you may come in."

Daring opened the door.

Daring had a disguted look on his face.

"Uh so-"

"I wish not to speak to you little brother."

"Look uh, Daring, I really like, Raven. You can't blame me," he said cowardly.

Daring looked up at Dexter. He looked very solemn. His strong jaws looked stronger and bolder than ever after.

 "If our father found out what  you are doing, he would flip his crown!"

"Yeah but-"

"Are you saying that it is okay to date a rebel. One of father's most precious rules was to always avoid rebels! You are a Charming, we go by rules. If father found out, he would be very disappointed! Especially since you're "damsel" is the daughter of the Evil Queen!"

Daring was breathing heavily. He stood up to get a cup of water.

Dexter opened his mouth as if to say something.

"Well uh maybe, dad might accept Raven." His voice was a bit squeaky and unsure.

Daring spit out the water in his mouth and eyed Dexter carefully.

"Are you-"

"Please brother, I mean Daring, give me a shot. We can tell dad to make dinner and introduce her to our family. Just imagine, you, me, Darling, mom, dad and Raven." He said dreamily.

Daring sighed. Fine, have it your way.

Dexter left with a huge smile on his face. And oh, those cute dimples! He went back to his dorm, too happy to tell me.