Chapter 11: A Chocolate Disaster

"Raven!" Maddie yelled as she hopped two steps up the stairs.

I wiped my eyes. "Maddie! Uh, I wasn't crying I was umm-"

"Hush my little birdy! Look Dexter didn't mean to hurt you. Daring assumed Dex was using you because Daring thinks that Dexter is 'better' than you because he is a royal. Daring thought wrong!" Maddie said as she talked without taking a breath.

"Wait, so Dex actually liked me," I said as a smile like Kitty's appeared on my face.

"Yes," she said. She took out a tea pot and a tea cup. "Oooh! Tea time! You want some spritzle- fizzle tea?" Maddie offered.

I nodded. She poured some tea into the cup upside down.

I opened my mouth as if to ask but, I decided not to. I blew into my cup and took a sip.

"Oh, by the way, Cupid and Dexter are going to Briar's party together," she said.

I spit out my tea.

"Umm, no, no, we broke up and I don't care about him anymore," I said chuckling nervously.

"Raven, I know you still like him," Maddie said.

I sighed. "Maybe you're right."

"Good, now let's party!"

Maddie grabbed my arm and zoomed upstairs.

"Maddie you're running too fast!" I yelled.

"I can't hear you, I'm going too fast!"

She came to a hault when she saw Briar's dorm.

Maddie jumped through the door. I shrugged and just opened the door.

There was music and a huge chocolate fountain.

"Raven!" Cedar called.

"Hey Cedar," I said.

"Uh, you seem gloomy, and I could tell that you still like Dexter and you are jealous of Cupid," Cedar said. She 'blushed'. "Sorry it's the truth."

"It's okay Cedar, I think you're right," I said.

"I told ya!" Maddie squealed.

*********************************************************************************

Cupid and Dexter were sitting next to each other.

"Dex, would you like some Raven?" Cupid said.

"Did you just ask me if I wanted some Raven?" Dexter asked.

Cupid chuckled. "No silly, I asked if you wanted some punch."

"For a second I thought you said Raven," he said. He tried to smoothen out his hair but, as usual, he had a cowlick.

Cupid tried to smile and she batted her eyelashes to try to catch Dexter's attention. He looked at her.

"Uh, Cupid, what are you doing?" he asked.

Cupid stopped smiling and seemed a bit gloomy. She sighed. "I honestly don't know."

"Then why were you uh, doing that?" he asked sheepishly.

"I guess I was trying to catch your attention," she said looking up at him. His beautiful ocean blue eyes melted her heart.

"Why would you try to catch MY attention?" he asked.

"Because you are very sweet and nice and, I honestly think you're ummmm..... CUTE!" she blurted out.

There was a silence between them for a while.

"Uh, thanks Cupid," he said.

"Oh, I get it, you just don't care or, you just don't like me back," she said heartbroken.

"You like me?" Dexter asked.

"Well yeah, ever since I saw that picture of you, I kinda knew you were the one," she said.

He placed his hand on her lap.

"Don't worry, I'll always be here for you," he said.

They gazed at each other.

"Uh, Raven, you might wanna turn around," Cedar said.

I turned around. I saw Cupid's lips about one inch away from Dexter's lips.

"No," I whispered.

I got the chocolate fountain and threw it.

I closed my eyes and heard everyone gasp.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Cupid standing up, all covered in chocolate sauce.

"Raven?" Dexter said.

"How could you?" Cupid said crying.

"Raven, now is not the time to fulfill your destiny," Apple said.

"I'm sorry, look I got jealous okay? Dexter, I am still not over you!" I yelled.

"He looked at me. "You didn't have to take it that far he said."

"Please Dex, I like you a lot! When I saw you about to kiss Cupid, my heart sank," I said sadly.

"I just don't know anymore," he said.

He walked out the door with Cupid.

"Wow Raven, you should be ashamed of yourself," Cedar said. "Whoops, you know me, can't lie, blurt out truth all the time, it gets annoying," she said awkwardly.