Chapter 9: The Truth About The Relationship

I woke up fairy early to make sure Apple wasn't awake. She has a lovely voice but hearing her everyday gets fairy ANNOYING!!! I jumped out of bed and saw Apple right in front of me. I screamed.

"Someone is giddy today!" she said smiling.

"You startled me." I said out of breath.

She chuckled. "You are just in time to hear me sin-"

"NOOOO!!!" I yelled.

"I am kidding! I usually sing at 6:30 a.m." she said laughing.

I chuckled and said," Anyways, I'm going to eat breakfast in the castleteria."

"Farewell," she sang.

I walked down the hall to Maddie's dorm.

"Maddie!" I yelled, knocking.

The door opened but I didn't see anyone except a huge smile floating in mid- air. Then, in a blink of an eye, Kitty appeared.

"Meow," she said still smiling.

"Hey Kitty, is Maddie there?" I asked.

"Oh, she's sleeping on the ceiling," Kitty said.

I looked up, and there was Maddie. There was drips of drool on the floor. She was also mumbling something in Riddlish. It didn't surprise me that she spoke in riddles while she slept.

"Maddie! Wake up!" I yelled.

She opened her eyes and yelled as if startled. She fell off the ceiling.

"Maddie are you okay?"

"Does the moon change it's phase with the tap of a spoon?" she said in Riddlish

I looked at Kitty and she smiled (like always).

"She means that she is okay."

"Oops, Riddlish, I forget that this isn't Wonderland," she said.

"Really? Whatever, let's just have some breakfast," I said.

We walked to the castleteria together. It wasn't full since it was really early. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Daring talking to a group of fan girls. Hopper was also talking to Dexter.

I rushed past them.

"Oh hey Dex-" I covered Maddie's mouth. I ducked under the table and so did Maddie.

"Shhh! We broke up yesterday," I whispered.

"Really?!" yelled Blondie out of no where. She popped up with her mirrorpad right in front of us. I banged my head against the table in surprise.

"This just right in, our just not right couple have finally put an end to their love story," Blondie announced to the mirrorcast.

She grabbed my arm and dragged me to Dexter.

Oh no, how embarrassing. I thought.

"Ooh Dex, do you have any scoop of this porridgey break up?" she asked. She put the camera right on his face. He looked at me with an awkward face. I took out a lock of hair from behind my ear, and let it cover half of my face.

"Uh, it was just umm... too much pressure, I guess," he said nervously.

Blondie turned the camera towards her.

"There you have it honey pots! Some juicy detail on the major break up. This was Blondie Lockes wishing you a Happily Ever After," she finished off.

"Woah! They broke up?!" someone said.

A  huge crowd of students rushed into the castleteria.

"Dexter! Dexter! Dexter!" some yelled.

"How was it like to date the evilest girl in Ever After?" asked someone.

"Yes, was it horrible?" another asked.

Students kept on asking questions and questions.

"Back up! Daring is coming through!" A fan girl yelled.

Lots of girls squealed.

Daring started to pose. Some girls dropped to the floor.

"Alright, I am very proud of my brother! Faking a relationship to break up with that pesky rebel and hurt her in the end!"

People clapped.

"Wait I never-"

"Three cheers for my brother!"

Everyone cheered.

I was watching, with tears running down my cheek.

"Raven I...I-"

"Save it you jerk!" I yelled.

Everyone fell silent.

"I can't believe you asked me out just to hurt me in the end!" I yelled.

My face was fairy red. My throat ached.

"Raven you are madly RED!!!" Maddie yelled.

I rolled my hands into fists. Purple fire surrounded them.

"Watch out! She is going to turn us into toads!"

"Hey!" yelled Hopper Croakington.

Everyone looked in terror.

I softened my hands and cried. I ran and collapsed on the stairs. I was sobbing.

"Raven!" yelled Dexter.

"Hush now brother, you proved yourself worthy of a royal," said Daring.

"Yeah party at my dorm tonight!" yelled Briar.

Everyone cheered.

Dexter stood there, alone.

"But, I never did that," he said to himself.

Cupid walked next to him.

"Sorry, about what happened," Cupid said.

"I- I-"

"I know what it's like to love someone, to just lose them in the end," she said.

"You understand me right?" he asked.

"Of course! Why would an amazing guy like you do something like that to a girl!" She said. "If Raven doesn't believe you, then maybe she isn't the one."

"Thanks Cupid." he said.

"Wanna go to Briar's party with me?" asked Cupid.

"Sure, I guess."

"Hexcellent!"

They walked together to Briar's dorm.

"Oh no, I better tell Raven that this was all a misunderstanding!" Maddie yelled to Earl Grey.