Chaper 7: Meeting the Charmings

I was reading a biography of Tailor Quick on my mirrorpod. Apple was singing, AGAIN! She opened the window to let in some sunshine. A bird flew up to her and nuzzled her cheek.

"Apple, it's 12:00 p.m."

"Oh, but it's such a lovely day," she said.

She twirled and kept on singing. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh aren't you grumpy," Apple said laughing.

I smiled at her.

Apple went to the bathroom and started to take off her curlers out of her hair with the help of a friendly bird who went to help her.

"Oh, why thank you," Apple said with a sugary voice.

I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and answered it.

I gasped. "Dexter!"

I gave him a huge hug.

"Oh, uh, hey Raven," he said sheepishly.

"Come in Dex."

Apple pressed her ear on the door to hear us.

We both sat on the sofa. He put his arm around me. I blushed.

"I, uh, was wondering if you could possibly go to my castle to uh, meet my family?" he said akwardly.

My eyes widened. "Wait what?!"

"Nothing, nothing," he said frantically.

"Wait. You want me, daughter of the EVIL QUEEN to meet your parents!"

"Now Raven, you should. My father is a good man. I mean, what could go wrong."

"Oh I don't know, maybe your father won't accept me because I am a rebel and my mom is the evilest thing there is!"

He gazed at me. His soft blue eyes met mine. I sighed.

"Look uh, Raven, if you do this I would be the happiest guy in Ever After," he said calmly.

"Fine, I guess it wouldn't be that bad."

"Thank you so much! You're the best!"

He kissed me but, for only a quick second.

"Sorry I'm not uh, quite used to kissing you," he said.

He got up.

"Wait!" I yelled. He turned around. I heard a tiny crack from the bathroom door. Apple was watching.

"Um, I actually liked the way you kiss me," I said with a smile.

He smiled at me. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his lips on mine. I closed my eyes. Even if he had never kissed anyone before, he was still a great kisser. The kiss seemed to last for hours. We finally stopped.

"I love you," he said.

"Me too," I replied.

He left.

Apple came out of the bathroom. I saw a tender tear fall from her right eye.

"It's adorable how much you guys really like eachother," she said.

"Yeah, just don't get too hexcited okay?" I said playfully.

She smiled at me. Her cheeks were fairy red.

                                                                    **********

All of the Charmings were getting the castle ready. Darling was decorating, Daring was placing the food on the table (while looking at himself in the mirror), and Dexter, was making sure that everything was okay.