[14] Top Or Bottom?

[I just had to say THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH!!!

We reached 100 votes, 200 comments, and 500 reads!!! Some of these milestones came awhile back and some just happened.

No matter when they occurred, I can't believe that they happened... to me of all people. It was over 4 years ago that I stopped writing for fun and less than two months since I started back up again.

I can't wait to see where the story takes us and reach more milestones together! Thank you for going on this journey with me!

I wanted to let you know that I just added images to all of the chapters.

I hope they "enhance" the reading experience *wink*

...they're pretty juicy... enjoy:-)

~~~That used to be a chapter titled "UPDATE" that I posted July 10th, 2018 but deleted so my chapter count is actually accurate to the number of chapters this book has. This change was made October 14th, 2018. Anyways, enjoy my crappy summer writing lol.]

Jack and I jump away from each other as Max walks in. I try to avoid looking at Max due to how embarrassed I am, but it's hard to avoid his dripping wet figure standing awkwardly in my doorway. So I look at him and I remind myself it's better than looking at Jack, especially since I would rather ignore what just happened between us.

Something happened; I don't know what exactly or how I feel about it, but something definitely happened.

Something that made me feel extremely light-headed and confused. Jack Summers is messing with my head; I need to avoid him at all costs.

Before anyone says a word, I rush out of the room, brushing past Max to grab another towel.

The sooner I can get Max situated, the sooner I can cover my exposed torso. With this thought in mind, I quickly retrieve a towel for Max and hand it to him on my way back in the room. I return to the dresser where I scramble to find some smaller clothes of mine to give Max.

I'm no jacked muscle man, but I look pretty huge compared to how scrawny Max is. He's at least 4 or 5 inches shorter than me and so thin he looks like I could snap him in half with just a little push.

I'm 155 lbs which is healthy for my height of 5'10 but I work out on occasion which helps quite a bit. When I say work out I'm mostly referring to whenever I play 'Just Dance' or 'Dance Dance Revolution', but I also try pretty hard in P.E. class because it's an easy A if you put enough effort in. I also used to bike to the library every day in the summer before I bought my car. So while I'm a stick compared to Jack, I'm a little above the average guy in my grade.

But Max looks like he's 5'6 and no more than 120 lbs, which is probably unhealthy. I hope it's just because he has a fast metabolism and not some other reason.

I try not to over worry and just focus on the task at hand. I find some sweatpants that have been a bit tight on me since my growth spurt last year and a shirt as well; I throw both at Max.

Jack has already changed and reaches over my shoulder to grab a handful of my boxers. He walks over to Max and holds them out to him, asking, "What size boxers do you wear? Whatcha packing?" with a suggestive wink.

I gasp.

"Oh sorry, how rude of me," Jack apologizes, continuing, "I almost forgot to ask if he's more of briefs kinda guy."

I stare at Jack with my mouth agape.

He nudges Max with his elbow, "You never know who's strapped into a good ol' pair of tighty-whiteys."

Max shuffles on his feet awkwardly, probably trying to distance himself from Jack.

"So, Max, what will it be? What type of guy are you..." he steps forward with both hands out like he's metaphorically weighing the options.

He gestures to one side, "Boxers-" then gestures to the other "-or briefs?"

He continues, "Top... or bottom? Riding it... or sliding it-"

"Jack!"

He looks over at me with wide eyes, feigning innocence. Before he can utter some stupid excuse to change the subject, I yell sternly, "Stop making the boy uncomfortable!"

Jack's confidence falters slightly as a flicker of worry appears on his face, but then he puts his defense back up. "I'm not making you uncomfortable, am I Max?"

Max opens and closes his mouth, not knowing what to say.

"See he's fine," Jack says, gesturing to the boy who is currently nodding his head hesitantly.

"Stop putting him in the middle of this, it's not fair to him."

Jack looks like he's about to protest, but doesn't.

Max looks back and forth between us. "Um... those boxers are fine, thanks." He then grabs a pair from Jack's hand and runs off to the bathroom to change.

When I hear the bathroom door shut, I walk up to Jack and jab a finger in his chest, "What the heck was that!?"

He holds up his hands defensively, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about when you just about made the poor kid faint of embarrassment!"

"I was just asking his preferences! It's this thing called 'socializing'; ever heard of it, Mr. Sunshine?"

"Yes, I have. And no! It's not 'socializing' it's harassment!" I yell, furious at Jack.

He backs up a little, "Okay, okay!" His eyes close as he sighs deeply. "It's not okay what I did-"

"Yeah, it's not!" I reiterate with force. "You don't get to just bring up sexuality as a joke whenever you feel like because you want to make fun of someone-"

A look of confusion crosses his face. "-Wait, what?" Jack asks incredulously.

"You heard it!" I spit, pushing him back slightly with each word.

"A joke?" Jack scoffs.

I jab him in the chest again. "Yes! Using gay as some cruel-"

He stumbles back, slipping on the edge of my bed covers. I'm pulled onto the bed with him, but I don't let that stop my ranting. I gulp and continue, "Using gay as some insult or joke to throw around carelessly like you-"

"Stop!" Jack yells, effectively stopping my rant. I blink a couple times, rattled by his sudden outburst.

"The fact that-" he runs a hand through his messy black hair, laughing humorlessly. "The fact that-" he stops again, repositioning himself so he's propped up on his elbows. He avoids looking me straight in the eye, "You- you thought that I was using gay as an insult?" His face is all scrunched up and his body language agitated.

Eventually, he turns his head to face me straight on, narrowing his eyes at me. "You really think that lowly of me?"

His face is covered in a look of disgust as I stutter to respond, "W-well I-I thought-"

I hear a throat clear.

Max is in the doorway, still in his wet clothes.

Jack shoves me off of him and it's only now that I realize I had been straddling him.

"I just w-wanted to see if there was a sweatshirt I could borrow? I get cold really easily."

------

AN:

This is a little shorter, but the previous chapter was really quite long. I actually kinda like this chapter. I think it's a deeper look into the characters and shows some faults that they have. It shows how Spencer assumes the worst.

Lmao I wonder what Max is thinking he walked in on...

Love,

Leah