Split

Angel furiously walked around the corner and then slammed her back against the wall hard. Once again she had messed up dearly and hurt Anna once more. Almost everything she did to try to make up would backfire. Angel wondered when she would ever get a happy ending. As if that was even possible for her. She then got off the wall and turned down an alleyway pacing back and forth running her hands threw her hair. Angel grabbed her phone in her pocket aggressively throwing against the wall. iPhone breaking instantly, Angel picked up her iPhone again and once again threw it against the wall until it was in pieces laying in a puddle of water.

Anna had been sitting in the car glancing around for Angel to come back. Ten minutes would pass.... Then another ten minutes would pass. Anna slipped over in the drivers seat and started the car as she put it in reverse backing out of the parking space. Anna glanced around once more before putting the car in drive and turning down the street searching for Angel left and right. Anna then turned down a little street driving to an intersection of another street and stopping the car looking around for Angel.

"Where in the fuck did you go?"

Anna said to herself as dug into her purse shuffling around for her iPhone. Anna found her iPhone and dialed Angel's cell but got the voice mail instantly. Anna placed her iPhone down in her lap and sighed. Anna drove back to the apartment complex where she would wait it out for Angel to come home. Anna sat in Angel's apartment for a few hours tapping her foot repeatedly on the floor and texting or calling Angel every twenty minutes to check and see if she was ok, but every phone call went to voice mail. Anna glanced over at the clock and it was already about nine o'clock. Anna started to get furious and worried all at the same time. "Maybe I overreacted." Anna would think to herself, and then shake her head. "No I didn't. These females are all showing up one after another." Anna got up off of the couch pacing back and forth trying to rid her head of thoughts that doubted her decision in taking the job. Anna waited. Waited. Waited. Eventually, Anna fell asleep on the couch waiting up for Angel who obviously didn't care that Anna was waiting for her at home.

Angel arrived home around two in the morning that night. Drunk and disorderly Angel stumbled into her apartment closing the door behind her. Angel then lifted up her beer chugging what was left over in the bottle and then setting it down on the table in which made a clink noise startling Anna from her sleep. Anna woke up looking over the couch and seeing Angel all hunched over smelling of alcohol and sweat. Anna got up and walked over to Angel who was swaying back and forth from side to side.

"Where have you been? I have been calling and calling you!!"

Anna yelled at Angel who had been walking over to her refrigerator trying to find some more alcohol to down her sorrows in. Anna walked behind her.

"I broke... my phone."

Angel managed to get out a few words as she found a bottle of wine. She opened it and closed the refrigerator looking at Anna.

"Don't drink that Angel.."

Anna warned Angel who had already popped open the bottle. Angel looked Anna straight in the eye and drank a big gulp of the wine, then wiping the excess drops of wine dripping from her lips.

"Angel give me the bottle."

Anna said holding her hand out to Angel. Angel took another gulp of wine, and Anna tried to snatch the bottle.

"Give me the fucking bottle!!"

Anna snapped as Angel threw the bottle at the wall breaking the wine bottle, spilling the rest of the wine on the carpet.

"Angel please calm down.."

Anna said as she touched Angel's chest softly, but Angel stepped back from her. Angel then sank to the floor holding onto her back. Anna rushed over and saw that Angel had somehow hurt herself. Anna tried to touch Angel, but she shrugged her off.