2 Months (Angel)

Once Anna's plane took off from the airport Angel took out her iPhone and dialed Vanessa's number.

"We should expand the business.... I was thinking of NYC...... yes, be there soon.. Bye."
Angel said as she hung up the phone.

She then turned on the ignition to her car and pulled out of the parking garage and headed back towards downtown Jacksonville. Angel turned on the radio which was playing the song "Latch" again. Angel rolled her eyes as she turned the radio back off. She rolled down the windows on both sides and drove up on the highway humming her own tune. Angel knew what she must do to win Anna over completely. Angel gave Anna the space she needed so that she could get settled in New York without Angel. As much as Angel wanted to just run after Anna and tell her how much she meant to her she knew that they were just words and Anna needed proof of Angel's love. Even after giving her a necklace that meant the world to Angel, she knew that if still wouldn't be enough. Angel turned down the street and parked into the restaurant where Vanessa should have been meeting her. Angel sat in the car for a bit rubbing her lips back and forth with her index finger as she thought about Anna and her kissing that final time. She knew it was going to be a while before she could eventually be with Anna again. Preparations had to be made. There was a lot in order for what Angel had in store these next intense few weeks. Angel was going to be in solitude without Anna, but no one could fill her heart it was already taken. Angel's deep thoughts were interrupted as Vanessa knocked on the window of her car. Angel looked up and then opened the car door stepping out to see Vanessa dressed comfortably in jeans and a black flannel shirt.

"I see someone's gotten comfortable.."
Angel said as she looked Vanessa up and down.

"I'm tired of dressing up. Think I should dress down a little more."
Vanessa said as she handled Angel some documents.

"Indeed. So I figure we start with preparations so that we can move the business in New York in about two or three months."
Angel said as she leaned back against her car looking over the documents for any mistakes.

"That's going to be a lot to do. But plenty of business we get up there."
Vanessa said as she looked at Angel.

"I'm sorry Angel... for my.. behavior."
Vanessa said sincerely as she rubbed Angel's hand. Angel looked up at Vanessa.

"I'm sorry as well.. I didn't mean to hit you like that."
Angel said as she rubbed Vanessa's cheek softly.

"I know...."
Vanessa said as she laid her head in Angel's chest and she hugged her close.

"I know what I'm doing Vanessa."
Angel said holding her as Vanessa nodded and then she pulled back.

"Ok, so let's get this show on the roll."
Vanessa said as she smiled to Angel.

"I thought it was road."
Angel said as she nudged Vanessa and they started walking into the restaurant.

"You know what it might be."
Vanessa said as she laughed softly.

"I need you planted in New York to make sure everything goes according to plan though. So as soon as we get everything signed and packed ready to leave. You will leave a couple of weeks ahead of me."
Angel said going back to business talk as she held open the door for Vanessa to walk in.

"So where are we going to put this new restaurant? Manhattan? Times Square? Or somewhere by New York?"
Vanessa asked as she walked into the restaurant.

"Hmmm.. good question. I haven't figured out that far yet. Why don't you do some calling around and see what you can find?"
Angel suggested to Vanessa as she nodded and proceeded to an empty table as Angel headed toward the back of the restaurant and up stairs to her office. Angel's office was a decent size it was all black just like she liked it with photos of close work friends and family members. Angel walked inside her office and closed the door behind her as she looked over at a picture of her father. Angel walked over to the picture and picked it up staring at the picture for a moment and then setting it down. Angel walked over to her leather dress chair pulling it out and sitting down she pulled up to her desk and looked over the documents thoroughly. Then Angel turned on her Mac computer as she waited for it to load she leaned back in her chair with her arms folded. She sat there thinking about Anna.