Latch

Author's note:

This is part one of the final chapter of Anastasia. I can't say enough how happy I am to have started this book. This is my first official novel that I have finished anywhere! I want to thank anyone, and everyone who read this story voted and commented on it! I love you all very much. It's been quite a journey with everyone! So I hope to see you all reading my other novel's as well. Look forward to seeing your faces after this chapter! Please leave me a lot of feedback I love to read your comments.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Angel looked down in the newspaper as she chewed the cereal within her mouth. Today was a brand new day. Things seemed back to normal. After all it had been about a month and a couple weeks after the ordeal. Ana was back at work socializing with her friends more. This was the life for Angel waking up everyday for the rest of her life with Ana by her side. Tying the knot would be best now. At least that what she wanted to do because she didn't see herself with anyone else, but Ana. For Angel this would be a big decision though. Marriage was a little fast for only being with Ana for almost a year. Some people got married after only a few months. Was she ready for marriage? The thoughts of being married to Ana made Angel happy. This was something serious that she would have to sit down and talk about.

"Hey, yeah I am going to take some time off from work... Yeah.... Send me email, documents, anything that you need me to sign..... About a week or so... I will inform you otherwise... For now report to Vanessa if you need anything.... Alright bye,"

Angel says as she hangs up the phone.

Angel hears the door of the apartment opening, and it's Ana coming in from work. The joy of seeing Ana's face made Angel smile.

"Work was tough today. Janice mixed up some of the work files, so I had to go into the system correcting what she had messed up."

Ana explains as she sets down her purse on the counter top.

"That sounds like a rookie mistake if you ask me."

Angel implies as she walks over to where Ana stood.

"Tell me about it. She's been working there for over three years. I haven't even been there a year. You would think someone of her experience would keep a watchful eye out. But I guess I was mistaken."

Ana smiles a bit watching Angel grab two wine glasses out the cabinet.

"You sound like a boss already my love, I have a proposal for you though."

Angel states placing both of the wine glasses on the counter.

"Hmmm.. a proposal? What does this proposal consists of?"

Ana asks as Angel pops the cork on the wine bottle.

"Well, I was thinking I take you to the lake house. My father never uses it. Plus I figure we never really got our vacation so now might be a good time to use it."

Angel explains pouring the wine in each glass.

Ana nods her head slowly as she picks up the wine glass taking a sip. Ana nods her head slowly listening to Angel's plans for them both. It seemed like a good idea seeing as they hadn't really had the chance to have a romantic getaway in what seems like eternity.

"That sounds lovely baby. Where exactly are we going?"

Ana asks curiously walking over to the couch.

"Washington."

"D.C?"

"No, the state."

Angel says sitting down on the couch with Ana.