Light of Day

"Mark I'm not too sure what I should do though? Everything has been hard since she's had the miscarriage. How do you recover from that?"

Angel asks him as she takes a bite of her burger.

"I really don't know, Angel. Just be there for her. Be there for her, like I was there for you."

Mark answers as he looks at me.

"You just don't know how she looked at me.... It was the most terrifying look someone has ever given me. I could feel her anger, and hurt all at the same time. Now she might not ever want children. It's all because of me. My stupid selfishness. I feel like it's all my fault. I pushed her to do something she probably wasn't even ready for herself. I'm such a fucking screw up,"

Angel scolds herself looking down at her half eaten burger.

"Angelice, you are not a screw up. You did what you felt was going to make her happy, and that's not wrong. But you didn't really think about how she felt about you. I mean you can't read a woman's mind and all, but you have to understand she's there to make you happy as well. Don't worry I'm sure Amanda's probably trying to cheer her up now. Now enjoy your food! We have a game against those losers I work with today!"

Mark demands Angel as he finishes eating his fries.

"I don't see how you can eat when were about to play against your fellow coworkers soon. You puked the last time we played against them because Carter hit you so hard you did a cartwheel twice before hitting the ground."

Angel says shaking her head.

"He didn't hit me that hard. I told you I tripped over Jamal and it seemed like I did a cartwheel because that fat fuck didn't move out the way in time,"

He states defensively.

"Alright whatever you Marky Boy,"

Angel chuckles slightly.

In the back of Angel's mind she wasn't too focus on the game against Mark's coworkers. Ana's response three weeks ago made Angel worried that Ana would never want children again. In Angel's mind she was a screw up forcing Ana to get pregnant. Even thought the doctor said it was normal for women to do that it had been Ana's first official child so it would be traumatizing for her to want to produce a new one.

"I swear you think more in this relationship than any others you potentially tried to have. It's actually quite funny."

Mark stated chuckling to himself.

"Oh ha ha ha.... I sure my brain you ass wipe. Which is more than I can say for you. So kiss my ass,"

Angel retorts chuckling herself.

"Let me ask you a serious question though,"

He says clearing his throat.

"Spill it."

Angel blurts out.

"Have you ever eaten ass before?"

He leans across the table whispering to her.

Angel bursts with laughter as she cannot contain herself. Mark looks rather confused for a moment as he doesn't understand the reason for Angel's amusement. She shakes her head as she tries to stop her loud chuckle.

"You can't be serious?"

Angel asks trying not to laugh.

"Amanda wanted to try it out one day, I just wanted to know what I was getting myself into."

He explains.

"I've never done that, and probably never will."

Angel shakes her head smiling slightly.